Taking credit where none is due...as usual

tommyjo

TRUMP: "We're actually taking people that are criminals, very, very, hardened criminals in some cases ... with a tremendous track record of abuse and problems, and we're getting them out and that's what I said I would do ... And I said at the beginning, we are going to get the bad ones, the really bad ones, we're getting them out and that's exactly what we're doing...."

THE FACTS: Officials said an operation last week that resulted in the arrest of more than 680 immigrants in various cities was a routine enforcement action like those undertaken during the administration of Barack Obama, who deported an unprecedented number of people as president.

More specifically, David Marin, Immigration and Customs Enforcement's field office director for enforcement and removal operations in greater Los Angeles, said the agency carries out such large-scale operations two or three times a year in his region. The California operation was in the planning stages "before the administration came out with their current executive orders," he said. More than 100 of the arrests were in the Los Angeles area.

The notion that raids have been stepped up under Trump has been advanced both by the White House, to show that Trump is keeping a promise, and by advocates of those who have been targeted, to illustrate what they call the new president's heavy-handed tactics. But statistical evidence has not come in to show that enforcement has surged under the new Trump administration or that actual deportations are up. A similar series of raids under Obama in March 2015 resulted in the arrest of more than 2,000 criminals, the government said at the time.

TRUMP: "You probably have noticed that Ford is making billions of dollars of new investments in this country. You saw Intel, the other day, announce that because of what I've been doing and what I'm doing in terms of regulation, lowering taxes, et cetera, they're coming in with billions and billions of dollars of investment and thousands and thousands of jobs. General Motors, likewise, is expanding plants and going to build new plants. Fiat Chrysler was at a meeting where they're doing the same."

THE FACTS: Trump is taking credit for corporate decisions that largely predate his presidential win, making it unlikely that his administration is the sole reason for the expected hiring. Several job announcements have come after companies, such as the wireless carrier Sprint, reduced their total number of employees.

https://www.apnews.com/714aaa60e72d...CK:-Trump-takes-credit-for-jobs,-deportations

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Mice nuts....

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 186

Rommey

Sounds just like 0bama taking credit for exiting Iraq even though that was negotiated during W's tenure...

SamSpade

Interesting. I've been bombarded on social media and elsewhere that TRUMP is the reason these raids are going on.
You should see the reactions it's getting. Brownshirts, Nazis. All they're giving me is this is the end of America.

So what you're saying is, they SHOULD be blaming Obama for them?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Interesting. I've been bombarded on social media and elsewhere that TRUMP is the reason these raids are going on.
You should see the reactions it's getting. Brownshirts, Nazis. All they're giving me is this is the end of America.

I don't know what others are thinking, but, Obama was 'the one' to end America as we know it. All the acting out, protests, destruction, stupid rhetoric is proof. There are a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off because they didn't get what was happening. Where is Baja? I ain't no chicken, and, neither, is my Marine hub and our extensive military fam. And, those same chickens running around will be devastated when their heads get cut off, and are served up for dinner.

One more thing. Obama avoided anything ME related. We all know why. It is also, interesting, Sam, that the Obama years were blamed on W, and now the Don. Was Obama's presidency a bleep? Just wondering.

One more thing. Of course, I went on with my life as a citizen, but I feel a void when it comes to Obama's presidency. What did he do, really? Except give us Obamacare, and no answer to world peace; both are a total disaster. Oh, wait he did get the Nobel Peace Prize, and some obscure Irish award. :rolleyes: As far as his relations with the World, all he cared about is being adored. Period. That was it. That is his legacy.

And, Obama still can't shut up even though his tenure is over. What a narcissistic PUTZ he is. Shoo, fly!

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter

Actually, yes. It's a fact that there were more deportations during the Obama administration than any previous administration.

SamSpade

Actually, yes. It's a fact that there were more deportations during the Obama administration than any previous administration.

And THIS is yet, another one of those news items that I am so weary of, because during Obama's administration, they counted deportations if they caught them AT THE BORDER and turned them back.
And I mean, they were crossing at an actual border crossing without sufficient paperwork. Every turn back was a "deportation" and that Obama was LESS likely to go find someone and go through the necessary steps to deport someone already here.

I am so weary of wading through all the partisan crap. I just wish we did anywhere *NEAR* as good a job at checking people as every single country we've ever visited.
Heck the island nations from Bermuda down the to the Caribbean are fairly anal about it, because the islands are so small. Bermuda is the worst - you can visit but you'd best get your ass out as soon as your time is up, because we only allow so many visitors to our island at any time. Russia surprised me - we had to turn in a report of where we were - anywhere in the country - every three days. If we didn't, we ran the risk of police coming to take us out. And I never want to deal with the police in Russia. Not widely known for not being totally corrupt - already know of shakedowns where they demand every last dollar to look the other way.