Honest obituary

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/health/obituary-charping-texas-man-trnd/

Leslie Ray 'Popeye' Charping was born in Galveston on November 20, 1942 and passed away January 30, 2017, which was 29 years longer than expected and much longer than he deserved."

"At a young age, Leslie quickly became a model example of bad parenting combined with mental illness and a complete commitment to drinking, drugs, womanizing and being generally offensive. Leslie enlisted to serve in the Navy, but not so much in a brave & patriotic way but more as part of a plea deal to escape sentencing on criminal charges."

"Leslie's hobbies included being abusive to his family, expediting trips to heaven for the beloved family pets and fishing, which he was less skilled with than the previously mentioned. Leslie's life served no other obvious purpose, he did not contribute to society or serve his community and he possessed no redeeming qualities besides quick whited [sic] sarcasm which was amusing during his sober days."

"With Leslie's passing he will be missed only for what he never did; being a loving husband, father and good friend."

" Leslie's passing proves that evil does in fact die and hopefully marks a time of healing and safety for all."

acommondisaster

Then there's mother of the year..... http://www.dailydot.com/irl/viral-obit-mother-child-abuse/
Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick born Jan 4, 1935 and died alone on Sept. 30, 2013. She is survived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way possible. While she neglected and abused her small children, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

On behalf of her children whom she so abrasively exposed to her evil and violent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after-life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty, and shame that she delivered on her children. Her surviving children will now live the rest of their lives with the peace of knowing their nightmare finally has some form of closure.

Most of us have found peace in helping those who have been exposed to child abuse and hope this message of her final passing can revive our message that abusing children is unforgiveable, shameless, and should not be tolerated in a “humane society”. Our greatest wish now, is to stimulate a national movement that mandates a purposeful and dedicated war against child abuse in the United States of America.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess these obits are designed to head off any "condolences" and "thoughts and prayers" the unaware might offer.

SamSpade

I guess these obits are designed to head off any "condolences" and "thoughts and prayers" the unaware might offer.

Generally, "thoughts and prayers" grates on my nerves. It's a stock reply to something - most of the time - to express sympathy.
But it's kind of meaningless. What's the "thoughts" supposed to convey?

My brother - and my mom - they'll just say prayers, but unlike others - I know beyond any shadow of a doubt, they WILL include me in their prayers.
Because I know they pray every day.