Outlawing microchipping humans not so far fetched, Nevada senator says

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Outlawing microchipping humans not so far fetched, Nevada senator says

The Wall Street Journal has reported an estimated 30,000 to 50,000 chips have been sold globally, she said.

Harris said the technology is used by companies in Belgium and Sweden to identify employees.

“It’s done under the idea to unlock doors or use copy machines or maybe pay for lunch, you could use your hand,” she said.

Besides privacy concerns, Harris said the concept raises ethical questions, such as who owns the chip or the information contained on it. And how does someone get “de-chipped” if they are no longer employed by the company that required it.

She also wondered if a chip could be hacked to harass or stalk someone.

Harris said the Nevada bill is modeled after legislation passed by at least 10 other states.

Something will happen, some child or group of children abducted, or other 'disaster' that could have been averted, had everyone been micro-chipped

Mark of the Beast anyone :shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Still not sure chipping people is a bad idea EXCEPT for government use.

there in lies the rub .... no, getting chipped at birth might have its advantages
but what our 'leaders' decide is best for us after the fact

1) Secure method for ID
2) Secure method for Financial Access
3) Secure Method for Medical Record Access

although I could see a rise in hacking back end computers, spoofing users to steal access to the above

if you don't like an entire class of people - whoops suddenly all these people listed as Catholic start having Point of Sale transactions issues or are locked out completely

Kev_Russell

Yet you people will go on and on about the virtues of Voter ID.

Requiring and ID for *anything* (voting, firearms, ownership, etc. -- electronic or otherwise) is solely for reasons of government control.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Something will happen, some child or group of children abducted, or other 'disaster' that could have been averted, had everyone been micro-chipped

I do think that something like this will happen, but not for the same reason you're thinking.

I think this is the mark of the beast...

Attachments

• mark 1.JPG
    mark 1.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 82
  • mark 2.JPG
    mark 2.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 72

Toxick

Splat

The Mark of the Beast will be taken along with a conscious repudiation of Christ.
You won't "accidentally" take the mark or be tricked into it.

This is not the Mark of the Beast. Technological catalyst, possibly - but not it.

On the other hand, being tagged like a dog, cow, concentration camp victim doesn't much appeal to me.