Good grief

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://www.c-span.org/video/?424036-1/ashton-kutcher-testifies-modern-slavery-human-trafficking

That renowned diplomat and elder statesman Ashton Kutcher is testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee today regarding modern slavery and human trafficking.

Honestly, why are these people allowed to waste Congress' time with their nonsense? I understand that he was hired by a lobbying firm in hopes that he'll impress upon the Senators how important this issue is - "See it being important?? We got freaking Kelso to speak for us, bitches! :dude:" Obviously our elected representatives are very impressed with celebrity, otherwise these lobbyists wouldn't pay celebrities to shill for them.

I don't get it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Smh

kelso.jpg

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If anyone actually gives a #### about WHY he's there and that there MAY be some credible reason for it, you could spend a few minutes finding out, for yourself, that it is actually a subject he has been involved with, and for some time, and seems to have done some good.

But, well, #### that and ####. It's a lot easier to just make fun of his ####ing hair, declare him a token and pat yourself on the back for being smart and oh, so much better than some dumb Hollywood hack.

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If anyone actually gives a #### about WHY he's there and that there MAY be some credible reason for it, you could spend a few minutes finding out, for yourself, that it is actually a subject he has been involved with, and for some time, and seems to have done some good.

But, well, #### that and ####. It's a lot easier to just make fun of his ####ing hair, declare him a token and pat yourself on the back for being smart and oh, so much better than some dumb Hollywood hack.

Go #### yourself. While you're pretending everyone else is so stupid and you're the only intelligent person in the world, you can also google around and see that he personally has nothing to do with this ####. He is a celebrity face and name, he "founded" an organization, and that's it. And if you still have doubts, why not listen to/watch his performance on C-SPAN? That should pretty much put any ideas that he is a knowledgeable expert right out of your head.

Midnightrider

Go #### yourself. While you're pretending everyone else is so stupid and you're the only intelligent person in the world, you can also google around and see that he personally has nothing to do with this ####. He is a celebrity face and name, he "founded" an organization, and that's it. And if you still have doubts, why not listen to/watch his performance on C-SPAN? That should pretty much put any ideas that he is a knowledgeable expert right out of your head.

bwhahahahaha

You didn't build that :killingme

so other than founding an organization and speaking before congress about the subject, what have you done?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
so other than founding an organization and speaking before congress about the subject, what have you done?

Any dumbass can "found an organization". You don't even need money except for a few bucks for incorporation fees. And any dumbass with a famous name and face can speak before Congress. Did you forget about Stephen Colbert's performance only a few short years ago?

Hijinx

I listened to the guy and I like what he said.
I like his goal of stopping pedophiles.
Not sure his is the organization that should get the funding, but I don't see anything wrong with his issue.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I listened to the guy and I like what he said.
I like his goal of stopping pedophiles.
Not sure his is the organization that should get the funding, but I don't see anything wrong with his issue.

Here is his testimony:

http://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/021517_Kutcher_Testimony.pdf

His issue is a real problem, among many real problems this country faces, and his suggestions on how to combat this problem are sound. Perhaps Kelso will indeed be the one to finally convince Congress that judges need to be less lenient with abusers and sex traffickers, but that's unlikely. We already have a number of laws regarding such, and judges routinely ignore them.

I don't want to bust on Ashton Kutcher too much because he seems like an okay guy and I believe his heart is in the right place, although I don't know him at all and he could just as easily be a chit head. I just get tired of these actors and actresses and their forays into politics.

Vrai, you brought up exactly what I was thinking... what exactly is missing from our current laws? If the issue is lenient judges well then why isn't the pressure and grandstanding being addressed at our judicial system? It seems to me that all of the hot topics: gun violence, sex trafficking, catch and release criminals, gangs controlling our inner cities etc. aren't because we don't have legislation but rather because legislation we have is not being enforced. Are we asking our law makers to make laws to tell the people who should be enforcing the laws to enforce the laws? I'm being serious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are we asking our law makers to make laws to tell the people who should be enforcing the laws to enforce the laws?

Thank you. You summed up my whole annoyance in one sentence. :cheers:

Plus, I have celebrity fatigue and just need them all to sit down and shut up for awhile.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Here is his testimony:

http://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/021517_Kutcher_Testimony.pdf

His issue is a real problem, among many real problems this country faces, and his suggestions on how to combat this problem are sound. Perhaps Kelso will indeed be the one to finally convince Congress that judges need to be less lenient with abusers and sex traffickers, but that's unlikely. We already have a number of laws regarding such, and judges routinely ignore them.

I don't want to bust on Ashton Kutcher too much because he seems like an okay guy and I believe his heart is in the right place, although I don't know him at all and he could just as easily be a chit head. I just get tired of these actors and actresses and their forays into politics.

:yeahthat:

Vrai, you brought up exactly what I was thinking... what exactly is missing from our current laws? If the issue is lenient judges well then why isn't the pressure and grandstanding being addressed at our judicial system? It seems to me that all of the hot topics: gun violence, sex trafficking, catch and release criminals, gangs controlling our inner cities etc. aren't because we don't have legislation but rather because legislation we have is not being enforced. Are we asking our law makers to make laws to tell the people who should be enforcing the laws to enforce the laws? I'm being serious.
:yeahthat: too
Thank you. You summed up my whole annoyance in one sentence. :cheers:

Plus, I have celebrity fatigue and just need them all to sit down and shut up for awhile.

PLEASE DO! Just go away - all of 'em! :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Well, I suspect that half of them are probably associated with child trafficking anyway, so helping them might not be a good thing. Go ahead, call me a conspiracy theorist. I.Don't.Care.
I mean, seriously, look at all the kids that get adopted by celebs, that are from 3rd world #### holes? How come you rarely hear about these adopted kids? I wouldn't be surprised if Scientology didn't have their warped fingers in child trafficking.

Hank

my war
Well, I suspect that half of them are probably associated with child trafficking anyway, so helping them might not be a good thing. Go ahead, call me a conspiracy theorist. I.Don't.Care.
I mean, seriously, look at all the kids that get adopted by celebs, that are from 3rd world #### holes? How come you rarely hear about these adopted kids? I wouldn't be surprised if Scientology didn't have their warped fingers in child trafficking.

^Crazier than mamakookoo^