Radioactive rain in our future along with signifciant increased cancer rates?

3CATSAILOR

Could it be that we may have radioactive rain in our future along with a significant increase of a wide range of cancers? Thyroid cancer would be at or near the top. The below link doesn't talk about the possibility of radioactive rain. But, as the uncontrolled leak of radiation continues in to the Pacific Ocean. Fox news reported Japan's damaged Nuclear plant has a 6 foot gaping hole that still needs to be sealed. It is so hot with radiation, trying to seal it has become nearly impossible.

Of course we all know that water evaporates in the the atmosphere. There is no reason that radioactive molecules would not be raised in to the atmosphere with it. Many of the storms that our Country receives originates from the Pacific. As the storms develop over the Pacific it travels to the East to the United States. Is it possible that in time the rain becomes more and more radioactive? The key question is how much radiation can the human body take until we develop various illnesses? And is the radiation already in our food supply from contaminated fish? No one really knows the answer one way or the other since little to none are tested for radiation.

They say Nuclear Energy is the cleanest energy around. Is it really? I suspect the near future will prove otherwise. "This is one of the few times I sure hope and PRAY that I am wrong"! Unfortunately for us, I am probably right. If anyone can prove my hypothesis is wrong, please help yourself. Trust me, I would LOVE to be wrong about this one!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/28-sig...with-nuclear-radiation-from-fukushima/5355280

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Could it be that we may have radioactive rain in our future along with a significant increase of a wide range of cancers? Thyroid cancer would be at or near the top. The below link doesn't talk about the possibility of radioactive rain. But, as the uncontrolled leak of radiation continues in to the Pacific Ocean. Fox news reported Japan's damaged Nuclear plant has a 6 foot gaping hole that still needs to be sealed. It is so hot with radiation, trying to seal it has become nearly impossible.

Of course we all know that water evaporates in the the atmosphere. There is no reason that radioactive molecules would not be raised in to the atmosphere with it. Many of the storms that our Country receives originates from the Pacific. As the storms develop over the Pacific it travels to the East to the United States. Is it possible that in time the rain becomes more and more radioactive? The key question is how much radiation can the human body take until we develop various illnesses? And is the radiation already in our food supply from contaminated fish? No one really knows the answer one way or the other since little to none are tested for radiation.

They say Nuclear Energy is the cleanest energy around. Is it really? I suspect the near future will prove otherwise. "This is one of the few times I sure hope and PRAY that I am wrong"! Unfortunately for us, I am probably right. If anyone can prove my hypothesis is wrong, please help yourself. Trust me, I would LOVE to be wrong about this one!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/28-sig...with-nuclear-radiation-from-fukushima/5355280

another story.. more lies, less truths..

Hijinx

another story.. more lies, less truths..

I don't see the lie. Fukushima is a disaster and it is leaking radiation into the sea.
The USS Reagan and other ships were contaminated with radiation, and some sailors have died.
Chernobyl is still a heavily contaminated area, and they have no idea how to stop it.

I am less worried about coal powered electric plants than I am about a Nuclear core burning into the planet.
No one seems to have a sure answer to how far in, but it doesn't appear to be something that we want.
Or something that we can control once it starts.
To shut down a coal powered plant we just stop the coal.

One thing is certain and no lie . At Chernobyl and at Fukushima, scientists are still trying to figure out what to do and they haven't solved the problem.

Wishbone

WeRFukedushima is not even close to being contained and it's been years. Please explain why you don't believe the radiation is continuing to contaminate the land, air, and water. :tap:

All the hot air coming out of Hollywood should be lifting it up and dropping it back down on Europe.

Hijinx

WeRFukedushima is not even close to being contained and it's been years. Please explain why you don't believe the radiation is continuing to contaminate the land, air, and water. :tap:

Add the problem of what to do with the nuclear waste.

3CATSAILOR

All the hot air coming out of Hollywood should be lifting it up and dropping it back down on Europe.
I won't say how or why, but I had significant training about radiation. A long story short - radiation exposure is a bad way to die; any way you look at it. I suspect we will see some increased cancers here. They will continue to climb as the years go on. More and more foods we eat could become contaminated if the problem is allowed to continue. I understand that they are actively trying to disassemble the plant. But, I heard it could take up to 40 years. That's nonsense. China would have it done in a month. They would have killed a hundred thousand people doing it. But, they would have had it done.

Don't forget, we have a so-called clean energy Nuclear Plant right at our own back door. I wonder how long it takes until people start having a second thought about Nuclear Energy? Its too bad people don't realize the hazards associated with Nuclear Energy until AFTER a major incident. This incident can become beyond major to catastrophic if they are not careful. It may already be at that level.

nutz

I won't say how or why, but I had significant training about radiation. A long story short - radiation exposure is a bad way to die; any way you look at it. I suspect we will see some increased cancers here. They will continue to climb as the years go on. More and more foods we eat could become contaminated if the problem is allowed to continue. I understand that they are actively trying to disassemble the plant. But, I heard it could take up to 40 years. That's nonsense. China would have it done in a month. They would have killed a hundred thousand people doing it. But, they would have had it done.

Don't forget, we have a so-called clean energy Nuclear Plant right at our own back door. I wonder how long it takes until people start having a second thought about Nuclear Energy? Its too bad people don't realize the hazards associated with Nuclear Energy until AFTER a major incident. This incident can become beyond major to catastrophic if they are not careful. It may already be at that level.

good grief.....What are the half-lives of the things you're scared of?

https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/17/02/mfa-information-170201.pdf

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The disaster at Fukushima is an "Extinction Level Event." There were three (3) reactors with nuclear core meltdowns. No need to have anymore nightmares about a nuclear accident because it has already happened. DO NOT eat any seafood harvested from the pacific ocean. No fish, crabs, king crabs, nothing. The contamination to the pacific ocean from ground water contamination continues unabated, going on six (6) years now. The cores are melting into the ground water. This cannot be compared to Chernobyl. There is no way for them to recover those cores. It is too radiologically hot. So hot that even latest design of a remote controlled robot lasts only two hours. This is far from over. It will take decades to figure out a way to clean this up, if ever. The human race is doomed. We have sealed our fate.

Last edited:

Wishbone

I won't say how or why, but I had significant training about radiation. A long story short - radiation exposure is a bad way to die; any way you look at it. I suspect we will see some increased cancers here. They will continue to climb as the years go on. More and more foods we eat could become contaminated if the problem is allowed to continue. ...

You worry too much.

I hear it gives your skin a "radiant glow!"

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You worry too much. I hear it gives your skin a "radiant glow!"

And you don't worry enough. Fukushima radiation is not just staying in the pacific. It is traveling up and over Canada through the Bearing Sea, through the Straights into the Chukchi Sea to the Beaufort Sea, through the Northwestern Passages and Baffin Bay right into our very own Atlantic Ocean. And soon, if not already, into the Chesapeake, Potomac and Patuxent. It is absolutely hands down the greatest environmental disaster and threat that humans, and all life, have ever faced, except from asteroids [for those of you thinking "Uh ah, what about asteroids?]. The entire seaboard from Alaska down to California and beyond is contaminated and dying.

Fukushima released massive amounts of radiation including plutonium. Plutonium Is The Most Toxic, Heavy Metal Poisonous Radioactive, Man Made Element. If you inhale a millionth of a gram of plutonium, the surrounding cells receive a very, very high dose. Most die within that area, because it’s an alpha emitter. The cells on the periphery remain viable. They mutate, and the regulatory genes are damaged. Years later, that person develops cancer. Now, that’s true for radioactive iodine, that goes to the thyroid; cesium-137, that goes to the brain and muscles; strontium-90 goes to bone, causing bone cancer and leukemia.

Slowly the news is being reported. http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/08/unimaginable-levels-radiation-fukushima-pacific-ocean-leaks

Humanity is now dying from this "accident" and just don't know it.

So other than Hand-wringing, crying, :tantrum or :jameo: what are you suggesting be done to stem this imminent extinction of mankind?

If I may... I so not see him suggesting anything can be done. Nor do I see him giving false doom and gloom prophecy of "what could be". Rather, he is simply stating fact. What's done is done and eventually no place on earth will be untouched by that man-made disaster.

Wishbone

If I may... I so not see him suggesting anything can be done. Nor do I see him giving false doom and gloom prophecy of "what could be". Rather, he is simply stating fact. What's done is done and eventually no place on earth will be untouched by that man-made disaster.

If I may ...

And you don't worry enough. Fukushima radiation is not just staying in the pacific. It is traveling up and over Canada through the Bearing Sea, through the Straights into the Chukchi Sea to the Beaufort Sea, through the Northwestern Passages and Baffin Bay right into our very own Atlantic Ocean. And soon, if not already, into the Chesapeake, Potomac and Patuxent. It is absolutely hands down the greatest environmental disaster and threat that humans, and all life, have ever faced, except from asteroids [for those of you thinking "Uh ah, what about asteroids?]. The entire seaboard from Alaska down to California and beyond is contaminated and dying.

Fukushima released massive amounts of radiation including plutonium. Plutonium Is The Most Toxic, Heavy Metal Poisonous Radioactive, Man Made Element. If you inhale a millionth of a gram of plutonium, the surrounding cells receive a very, very high dose. Most die within that area, because it’s an alpha emitter. The cells on the periphery remain viable. They mutate, and the regulatory genes are damaged. Years later, that person develops cancer. Now, that’s true for radioactive iodine, that goes to the thyroid; cesium-137, that goes to the brain and muscles; strontium-90 goes to bone, causing bone cancer and leukemia.

Slowly the news is being reported. http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/08/unimaginable-levels-radiation-fukushima-pacific-ocean-leaks

Humanity is now dying from this "accident" and just don't know it.

Seems pretty "doom and gloom"

Wishbone

K!

Everybody else pick a spot, curl up fetal.

In the mean time, I'm not gonna fret over some presumed effect that can't be quantified, measured or proved and certainly has no mitigation or cure.

I'll continue to breathe, eat and drink.