Trump headed to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend, obliterating campaign promise

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" On February 17, President Trump will head to his $200,000-per-membership Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach for the third consecutive weekend, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.

Trump’s reluctance to spend a weekend in Washington stands in contrast to what he promised during the campaign, when he said he’d “rarely leave the White House.”

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told a reporter in 2015. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off… You don’t have time to take time off.”

Trump would argue that he’s working during his weekend getaways to Mar-a-Lago, but he might be doing more harm than good.

On Saturday, the president had to deal with an international crisis during a dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, creating a situation where members of the club and wait staff were able to watch and listen in as the two heads of state grappled with matters of war and peace. Aides reportedly used their cell phones to illuminate sensitive documents on a dimly-lit terrace.

Earlier Saturday, Trump played golf with Abe — marking the second time he hit the links since his January 20 inauguration. Trump repeatedly criticized President Obama for golfing during his presidency: "

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mar-a-lago-travel-winter-white-house-broken-promise-14f6d5d609ef#.tr5htivzb

Hijinx

I hope he has a nice time. wish I was with him, but we have a week of good weather coming on us next week.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Those wasscally liberals. :killingme They're so jelly of everything The Donald does.

#somuchwinning

black dog

Free America
I'm sure he's due a little hammock time with his wife.
The blisters on his writing hand need time to heal with all these EO he's been writing erasing O's legacy.

Hijinx

I'm sure he's due a little hammock time with his wife.
The blisters on his writing hand need time to heal with all these EO he's been writing erasing O's legacy.

He cannot erase Obama's legacy. We see his legacy every day in the lefts refusal to allow the Trump Administration to settle into the job
before they try to destroy him. Divisiveness and partisan politics is a great part of the Obama legacy.
But Obama didn't create that all by himself. He gets a lot of help from Pelosi the baby killer, and Chuck the schmuck.

This_person

On one hand it is perfectly fair to compare Trump's actions against his promises. He said he'd rarely leave, and that's turning out to be less than accurate. But, on the other hand, he said he would take few vacations and his trips haven't required the "he still gets briefed" excuse to claim he is working. His trips haven't been "relaxing for the weekend", let alone vacations.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
He is undoubtedly going to Florida because he cannot trust the "left over from the Kenyan" White House staff.

Hijinx

He is undoubtedly going to Florida because he cannot trust the "left over from the Kenyan" White House staff.

You have a point Lurk. Who knows how many listening devices Obama's spies left in the WH. I hope he gets M<ra a lag checked for bugs regularly.

This_person

if trump is still going to Palm Beach every weekend @ Christmas, come back and bitch ... otherwise its only been 3 weeks

Personally, I'm not bitching. I'm just saying it is a fair criticism. I didn't begrudge Obama the trips he took to Chicago, or any trip he took while visiting with a foreign leader.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Just like it was for your hero obama, right?
Trump will be vilified no matter what he does. And, yes, it is different because any reference to Obama as a Hitler, Chocolate man, Nazi, black supremist, terrorist denier, flip flopper, criminal immigrant lover, cop hater, Trayvon wannabe dad, and on and on. It is really scary that the Dem libprogs have totally lost their minds, and are determined to derail Trump. If America had any inkling of Obama's lies about hope for change, they would have never voted for him. The chickens have truly come home to roost. If Trump can't change WDC, then America is over. In this past election, US barely made it by the skin of our teeth. I do want to see how it will go over (with incessant subterfuge in our gov) with the fly over states that got Trump elected. I don't think they will put up with any bullcrap; being the heartland, and all. :patriot: Also, remember one thing, if nothing else. Why would Trump take on the monumental task of POTUS if he wasn't a patriot? He was already living in a gilded cage, and nothing in WDC would have affected him. I love that he is shaking the gilded cages of Congress lifers that don't care about their constituents, and are now running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to find their roost. Fun to watch. Just hope it doesn't go bad, and it could. JMO, yo.

Last edited:

Kev_Russell

Trump will be vilified no matter what he does. And, yes, it is different because any reference to Obama as a Hitler, Chocolate man, Nazi, black supremist, terrorist denier, flip flopper, criminal immigrant lover, cop hater, Trayvon wannabe dad, and on and on. It is really scary that the Dem libprogs have totally lost their minds, and are determined to derail Trump. If America had any inkling of Obama's lies about hope for change, they would have never voted for him. The chickens have truly come home to roost. If Trump can't change WDC, then America is over. In this past election, US barely made it by the skin of our teeth. I do want to see how it will go over (with incessant subterfuge in our gov) with the fly over states that got Trump elected. I don't think they will put up with any bullcrap; being the heartland, and all. :patriot: Also, remember one thing if nothing else. Why would Trump take on the monumental task of POTUS if he wasn't a patriot? He was already living in a gilded cage, and nothing in WDC would have affected him. I love that he is shaking the gilded cages of Congress lifers that don't care about their constiuents. and are now running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to find their roost. JMO, yo.

You have a nightcap with your sleeping pills tonight?

littlelady

God bless the USA

There you are. Sittin' there just like a spider. I don't take sleeping pills, but do wear a nightcap to keep my 'do' in place; just like my mom. :jet: I am sorry you have amnesia. I hope you will recover. Poor you. Shoo, fly. You are one creepy forumite.

One more thing. That's all you got? Don't ever accuse another forumite of not backing up what they are saying; as in links, etc. You are the ultimate 'poster child' for hypocrites. Go, Kev!

:roflmao:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

I will respond to you a second time. You accused me (in another thread) of being dumb. I just want to say that you sound like Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, etal. It doesn't get any dumber than them/that. Do you really have a grip on reality? Just wondering. Pelosi talking about fake tweets, goats, and her usual throwing her hands all around, Schumer crying, news media thinking they are in control and leaking top secret info, people working in the new admin that have no patriotism, paid protesters by Soros, Hillary and Obama to destroy the USA. Why do you defend Obama's legacy, or the libprogs, for that matter? Do you think that will make your life better living under 'their' regime'. They don't have your best interest at heart; just their own.

awpitt

Main Streeter
He cannot erase Obama's legacy. We see his legacy every day in the lefts refusal to allow the Trump Administration to settle into the job
before they try to destroy him. Divisiveness and partisan politics is a great part of the Obama legacy.
But Obama didn't create that all by himself. He gets a lot of help from Pelosi the baby killer, and Chuck the schmuck.

Settle into the job? JHC, if anyone is refusing to let Trump settle into the job, it's Trump.