It's that time again - ANTS!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
1 C warm water
1/3 C sugar
2 tsp boric acid

You get boric acid in the bug killer section at Lowes, check the label on roach powders.

Mix up the water/sugar/BA solution. Get 4 small baby food jars and fill them loosely with cotton balls. Fill with mixture so the cotton is saturated well, but not flooded. Poke 3 holes in each lid and cap them up.

Place a jar where you see the ants. They'll go in the little jars and take bits of poison cotton back home to their loved ones and, POOF, all gone with the ants.

Replace the WMD as needed, every four months or so, or whenever you see ants coming back.

I like to copy/paste this periodically because it is THE BEST way to get rid of ants that I have ever used. Usually gone within a couple of days. I just replaced my ant killers in the motorhome, which reminded me to post again.

:cheers:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
thanks, we do have a few more months here in SOMD, You being somewhere nice and warm, you dont have to rub our noses in it ;-)

what do you mean check label for roach powders, that a good or bad thing?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It's hard to find boric acid that's just marked "boric acid", but roach powder is usually just that - 100% boric acid. Check the ingredients on the label.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Meh, I'm lazy and use Terro Ant Baits. Like magic, two days and done.

Those have never worked for me. So to everyone else, if your commercial ant traps aren't getting rid of the problem, try my recipe for DISASTER! :evil:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Try diatomaceous earth. This stuff kills all exoskeletal bugs, like ants. Ace has it in their (kill the bugs section).

CRHS89

thanks, we do have a few more months here in SOMD, You being somewhere nice and warm, you dont have to rub our noses in it ;-)

Not true...my ants returned 2 days ago. Just put the terro out last night.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bumpity bump bump

Time for me to teach some ants a lesson, so I thought I'd bump this tread.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

PeoplesElbow

I know it's old but if the dollar store has roach powder in a tube it is usually just boric acid. It is usually in a small caulking tube labeled "Roach Powder"