Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trumps family is living large and American taxpayers are paying for it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    come on, the right spun bill and Hillary being in different rooms into her being a lesbian and a bunch of other crap.
    My post was pointing out the hypocrisy you are so clearly showing
    I never heard any snark about Bill and Hillary being in separate bedrooms. Maybe a random dumbass here and there, probably Rush Limbaugh, but that was not a legitimate news story nor do I recall it being a subject for the newspapers or TV news. Not even close to CBS "reporting" on Meatloafgate.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Well, no. The bull#### headline indicates that Trump is *now* living large because we are paying for it, and that is not the truth.

I'm curious, though, why it costs half a million bucks a *day* to secure Trump Towers. That seems absurdly high.

I'd also like to see the breakdown. This story indicated that the Trump sons are traveling for business at taxpayer expense, then you read further and find that the "expense" is Secret Service for them. According to the story, there is an itemized breakdown somewhere, but they declined to present it.

Salon spun the #### out of this because they're what retards read to confirm their bias, but the WashPo (not much better) story is used as a source. So why would OP link the Salon spin and not use the actual source?
    which headline says that? Its not in the one in the OP

SS is the main cost when any president or his family travel. They have to move and house a bunch of people and vehicles. This cant be news to you. It was EXACTLY the same under the last 10 presidents
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Meatloafgate.
    :giggle:
    Je suis prest

Blog Entries
    which headline says that? Its not in the one in the OP
    President Trump’s family is living large — and American taxpayers are paying for it

"Is" indicating the present. "Are" indicates the present as well. Like this is something new and unheard of. An honest headline would read, "Trump travels in his official capacity, meeting with foreign leaders, and as usual it's one of the expenses that our taxes pay for." But that would be too boring, just like this story is a non-story, and there's a rule that every single day the press MUST print something derogatory about Trump and paint him in a bad light. Apparently nothing else is going on, so they write about Trump's travel itinerary and meat loaf.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

President Trump’s family is living large — and American taxpayers are paying for it

"Is" indicating the present. "Are" indicates the present as well. Like this is something new and unheard of. An honest headline would read, "Trump travels in his official capacity, meeting with foreign leaders, and as usual it's one of the expenses that our taxes pay for." But that would be too boring, just like this story is a non-story, and there's a rule that every single day the press MUST print something derogatory about Trump and paint him in a bad light. Apparently nothing else is going on, so they write about Trump's travel itinerary and meat loaf.
    so the imaginary headline in your head said "now" and "because", I get it......
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Blog Entries
    so the imaginary headline in your head said "now" and "because", I get it......
    They didn't teach you past and present tenses and how to diagram a sentence in middle school?
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

They didn't teach you past and present tenses and how to diagram a sentence in middle school?
    I understand English well enough to know that headline didn't include the 'now' or the 'because' that you imagined.

, how is it that no one cares that the first lady doesn't even want to be in the same city as the president?
    Because we respect her desire to have her son finish out his current school year without any disruption? Except for that...... #failednarrative
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Seriously, people.... "Although the agencies which handle most of these expenses did not reply to the Post’s request for specific figures, the newspaper was able to estimate..." should be where you all stopped knitting brow and started giggling...
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Blog Entries
    I understand English well enough to know that headline didn't include the 'now' or the 'because' that you imagined.
    So you really want to argue about what the meaning of "is" is? Because that's been done.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.