White House denies National Guard plan for deportations

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" The White House on Friday strongly denied an Associated Press report that the Trump administration is considering a plan to mobilize National Guard troops to arrest immigrants living illegally in the U.S.

“There is no effort at all to round up, to utilize the National Guard to round up illegal immigrants,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said of the report, according to pool reports.

“That is 100% not true. It is false. It is irresponsible to be saying this.”

Spicer said he could not categorically say the idea was never discussed by the administration.

“I don’t know what could potentially be out there, but I know that there is no effort to do what is potentially suggested,” he said.

The AP, citing a draft memo, earlier Friday reported the White House is considering mobilizing as many as 100,000 National Guard troops in an anti-illegal immigration effort. The memo was written by Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, the report said. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320090-wh-strongly-denies-report-national-guard-will-be-used-to-round-up

stgislander

PREMO Member
Obviously someone has never heard of military Planning Staffs (5). That's what they get paid to do. Come up with plans for practically everything under the sun.

Someone could have said, "Is there a plan for that?" And someone else could have easily pulled a 30-yr old plan out of a file cabinet, blew the dust off it, and said, "Here you go."

Midnightrider

"The AP, citing a draft memo,"

WTF?

and the white house's refutation was so strong:

Spicer said he could not categorically say the idea was never discussed by the administration.

I don’t know what could potentially be out there, but I know that there is no effort to do what is potentially suggested,” he said.

and that's an interesting statement "no effort to do"
where is V to diagram this sentence :killingme

and the white house's refutation was so strong:

and that's an interesting statement "no effort to do"
where is V to diagram this sentence :killingme
Why does the AP have their hands on a draft Homeland Security Memo?

And also, why is it even a "thing" that a discussion of securing borders included the National Guard subject?

Midnightrider

Why does the AP have their hands on a draft Homeland Security Memo?

And also, why is it even a "thing" that a discussion of securing borders included the National Guard subject?
because the proposal included using the national guard in Co, OK, and several other nonborder states. Not to mention that whole 'thing' about the fed not being allowed to use the armed forces against us........

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
because the proposal included using the national guard in Co, OK, and several other nonborder states. Not to mention that whole 'thing' about the fed not being allowed to use the armed forces against us........

It wouldn't be against US... It's against foreign invaders.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
exactly how are they going to distinguish between the two in OK or CO?

that's the problem

Loudspeaker call announcing INS check... Anything that runs, Sic'em.

Hell... They'd only have to check the parking lots of Home Depot, Lowes and convenience stores. It's not like it's a secret where to find them.

Midnightrider

Loudspeaker call announcing INS check... Anything that runs, Sic'em.

Hell... They'd only have to check the parking lots of Home Depot, Lowes and convenience stores. It's not like it's a secret where to find them.

I am sure that would pass constitutional muster :bigwhoop:

Grumpy

The memo was written by Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, the report said. "
[/URL]

It was a sting operation, 10 memos sent to 10 suspected leakers, each memo had a different originator, the staffer that got the John Kelly memo was just fired. MORE FAKE NEWS

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obviously someone has never heard of military Planning Staffs (5). That's what they get paid to do. Come up with plans for practically everything under the sun.

Prior to WW I we had a plan, to invade Canada - Plan Orange [IIRC]

Hijinx

Some azzwipe at Homeland security passing around crap instead of doing their job and a media laughed at and looking for ascathing rebuke of Trump.

Nothing here Fake News.

Midnightrider

Some azzwipe at Homeland security passing around crap instead of doing their job and a media laughed at and looking for ascathing rebuke of Trump.

Nothing here Fake News.
So the memo he was passing around was real, but the news about it is fake? :killingme

SamSpade

So the memo he was passing around was real, but the news about it is fake? :killingme

You're still confused over the "leak was real, news was fake" deal?
You just posted a response to this thread. (real)
You were boinking a sheep while doing it (fake - I hope).

Get it? When someone writes a news article about a leak, unless they give a recording of a call or give a blow by blow, it's subject to their biased bull####.

black dog

Free America
I am sure that would pass constitutional muster :bigwhoop:

You gotta be $hitting me, I worked PT at Kenwood Country Club back in the early seventies and it happened there twice that spring and summer.
It looked like a land giveaway running across the pool area and golf course.
It ranked in the top 20 of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Midnightrider

You're still confused over the "leak was real, news was fake" deal?
You just posted a response to this thread. (real)
You were boinking a sheep while doing it (fake - I hope).

Get it? When someone writes a news article about a leak, unless they give a recording of a call or give a blow by blow, it's subject to their biased bull####.

Except the leak was real, Trump fired Flynn over the lies exposed in the leak.

I'm not confused, I'm not buying trumps spin.