Orange Turd's claim of being ‘first in his class’ at Wharton was another lie: report

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Throughout his campaign and nascent presidency, Donald Trump has maintained that he is “a very smart guy” who graduated from Pennsylvania University’s Wharton School of Business at the top of his class.

However, according to a Thursday report from The Daily Pennsylvanian, academic records and the recollections of his classmates don’t line up with Trump’s claims — including a 1984 boast to the New York Times that he graduated “first in his class.”

“Penn records and Trump’s classmates dispute this claim,” wrote the Pennsylvanian’s Alex Rabin and Rebecca Tan. “In 1968, The Daily Pennsylvanian published a list of the 56 students who were on the Wharton Dean’s List that year — Trump’s name is not among them.”

“I recognize virtually all the names on that list, ” said 1968 Wharton graduate Stephen Foxman to the DP, “and Trump just wasn’t one of them.”

A program from the 1968 commencement ceremony shows no mention of Trump’s name, which Wharton graduate Jon Hillsberg said would be highly unlikely if the president had won academic honors.

The program does list, “20 Wharton award and prize recipients, 15 cum laude recipients, four magna cum laude recipients and two summa cum laude recipients for the Class of 1968. Trump’s name appears nowhere on those lists.”

“Given that there are 366 listed 1968 Wharton graduates on QuakerNet, Penn’s alumni database, the Dean’s List of 56 students represents approximately the top 15 percent of the class. The omission of Trump’s name suggests that his academic record at Penn was not as outstanding as he has claimed,” concluded Rabin and Tan. "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/trump-claim-of-being-first-in-his-class-at-wharton-was-another-lie-report/

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
" Throughout his campaign and nascent presidency, Donald Trump has maintained that he is “a very smart guy” who graduated from Pennsylvania University’s Wharton School of Business at the top of his class.

However, according to a Thursday report from The Daily Pennsylvanian, academic records and the recollections of his classmates don’t line up with Trump’s claims — including a 1984 boast to the New York Times that he graduated “first in his class.”

“Penn records and Trump’s classmates dispute this claim,” wrote the Pennsylvanian’s Alex Rabin and Rebecca Tan. “In 1968, The Daily Pennsylvanian published a list of the 56 students who were on the Wharton Dean’s List that year — Trump’s name is not among them.”

“I recognize virtually all the names on that list, ” said 1968 Wharton graduate Stephen Foxman to the DP, “and Trump just wasn’t one of them.”

A program from the 1968 commencement ceremony shows no mention of Trump’s name, which Wharton graduate Jon Hillsberg said would be highly unlikely if the president had won academic honors.
Report Advertisement

The program does list, “20 Wharton award and prize recipients, 15 cum laude recipients, four magna cum laude recipients and two summa cum laude recipients for the Class of 1968. Trump’s name appears nowhere on those lists.”

“Given that there are 366 listed 1968 Wharton graduates on QuakerNet, Penn’s alumni database, the Dean’s List of 56 students represents approximately the top 15 percent of the class. The omission of Trump’s name suggests that his academic record at Penn was not as outstanding as he has claimed,” concluded Rabin and Tan. "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/trump-claim-of-being-first-in-his-class-at-wharton-was-another-lie-report/

They found this in a matter of a day or two...

They found fellow students, and faculty that remember him.. recognize that he wasn't on the list(s).. and Trump is HOW old??

Obama is what? 20 years? 30 years younger?? Yet they can't find anyone that can remember him.. or his grades.. or his honors??

I'm sure since the Liberals are about finding the truth and transparency that they can show us Obama's transcripts now??

Liberals.. They've Jumped the Meatloaf..

Last edited:
Their digging made it back to 1984... won't be long now before we will be reading about how he gave his mom heartburn during her pregnancy... :jet:

tommyjo

Amazing...why is Mr. Trump's lie about his time at Wharton news to all of you? These are from 2015...

http://fortune.com/2015/08/14/donald-trump-wharton/

http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/08/donald-trump-wharton-classmates

and the ultimate example of Donald Trump's bait and switch approach...he proclaims he was first in his class (like he proclaims so many things)...then when asked to provide proof, he refuses (like so many other examples)...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/16/t...ipt-despite-once-demanding-obama-release-his/

SamSpade

Amazing...why is Mr. Trump's lie about his time at Wharton news to all of you? These are from 2015...

http://fortune.com/2015/08/14/donald-trump-wharton/

http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/08/donald-trump-wharton-classmates

and the ultimate example of Donald Trump's bait and switch approach...he proclaims he was first in his class (like he proclaims so many things)...then when asked to provide proof, he refuses (like so many other examples)...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/16/t...ipt-despite-once-demanding-obama-release-his/

Yeah, yeah, yeah - still waiting on Obama's grades at Occidental and Columbia etc. I don't plan to hold my breath.

You can beat this drum until you're blue in the face - but as long as he doesn't do something illegal, unethical or endanger this nation - I don't care if he brags about his manhood and his golf score.
I care about results.

black dog

Free America
I wonder how many other students that graduated with Mr Trump from Warton have his net worth today.

Nobody seems to bust McCains balls that McCain graduated 790th out of 795 in his class at the Navy Academy.

Midnightrider

I wonder how many other students that graduated with Mr Trump from Warton have his net worth today.

Nobody seems to bust McCains balls that McCain graduated 790th out of 795 in his class at the Navy Academy.

That's because McCain hasn't been claiming that he graduated at the top of his class. Besides, the academy is kind of an elite institution. Graduating 795 out of 795 is still pretty good considering.

black dog

Free America
That's because McCain hasn't been claiming that he graduated at the top of his class. Besides, the academy is kind of an elite institution. Graduating 795 out of 795 is still pretty good considering.

As a kid who spent about a quarter of his youth in Annapolis and the bought a home on the Mahogany along with 2 brother in-laws and a best friend that graduated from Annapolis, ( a attorney and two P3 pilots ) being 5th from the bottom sucked donkey ####'s. He only became a jet pilot was because of his last name. Otherwise if he would have been a pilot he would have been a prop jockey based in Greenland.

Midnightrider

As a kid who spent about a quarter of his youth in Annapolis and the bought a home on the Mahogany along with 2 brother in-laws and a best friend that graduated from Annapolis, ( a attorney and two P3 pilots ) being 5th from the bottom sucked donkey ####'s. He only became a jet pilot was because of his last name. Otherwise if he would have been a pilot he would have been a prop jockey based in Greenland.

Why didn't you say you lived in Annapolis as a kid. Everybody knows that makes you an expert on the academy :sarcasm:

So where were you ranked in your class at the academy?

Inkd

Funny, nowhere in any of those articles linked was there anything attributed to Trump ever saying he graduated first in his class. Just that he repeatedly says he went to Wharton and is "like, a really smart guy."

black dog

Free America
Why didn't you say you lived in Annapolis as a kid. Everybody knows that makes you an expert on the academy :sarcasm:

So where were you ranked in your class at the academy?

I didn't go to College, I went and served.
I'm sure in my life I have been around many more Naval Academy Grads than you,
My mother and Step Father always adapted two new plebes every 2-4 years and they were always around for vacations and long weekends at there home. They still write and stop in when in Annapolis.
And like I said, two BIL's and one childhood friend. I come from a Navy family dickhead,
My father was a carrier Frogman, his brother ( my Uncle ) 6 years as a bubble head as a Engineer in a Franklin Class Boomer, youngest sister Air frame and cargo in P3's .
Me just a simple Marine for 6 years, 0311, 0323 and with that I'm quite sure I have been around more Academy Grads than you.
Like I said, The only reason John McCain ended up as a Jet Jockey was his family name.

And you Sir, has your family served this Great Republic.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Of course, it helps when your pappy and grandpappy were both Admirals. :coffee: