Dear Libs, Please Help!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
[video=youtube;n6h7fL22WCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6h7fL22WCE[/video]

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That's Progressives.

They certainly looked better than the tents and sleeping bags and actually seemed to be Genuinely helpful.

Last edited:

Hijinx

That's Progressives.

They certainly looked better than the tents and sleeping bags and actually seemed to be Genuinely helpful.

Well I wouldn't want one in front of my house, nor would most people.
Where do these people use sanitation facilities, where do they bathe.

I could see the city setting these up in a lot somewhere, but wherever they put them, some taxpayer gets stuck with them next to him.
I like this guys idea, but it needs a lot of work, You just cannot move a box like this into someones neighborhood and have these folks settling there.

One thing I don't understand is how you can take someones box and leave them sleeping in the same place in a tent.
If you move the box out the tents should be moved out also.
But Wait , if they did that they would have to find a solution.

SamSpade

Well this is something I see a lot - opposing a short term solution - that WORKS - because somehow it's not a long term solution.
And in the mean time, someone sleeps in the cold outside in a bag because the shelter is still being debated by government.

Kind of like sitting around waiting for a medical procedure for months - or waiting half a day in the emergency room (raising hand) - or in the case of school vouchers - waiting longer than a child is in school to decide IF they're going to go with vouchers for him. SOME things need short term solutions, because the problem exists NOW. You fix what you can, now, until you find the better one.

What got me about this thing is - it cost the city *nothing*. And they still paid people to grab the houses and *destroy* them.

Rommey

More progressive thought process from a city government that thinks the government is the only solution.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where do these people use sanitation facilities, where do they bathe.

same place the go, living in a tent .... sleeping in am Alley

if you watched the video - the ones yanked off the street were on an over pass

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Isn't this the same solution Jimmy Carter contributes to with Habitat for Humanity? Although his little houses were more like a double outhouse size.

Hijinx

Well this is something I see a lot - opposing a short term solution - that WORKS - because somehow it's not a long term solution.
And in the mean time, someone sleeps in the cold outside in a bag because the shelter is still being debated by government.

Kind of like sitting around waiting for a medical procedure for months - or waiting half a day in the emergency room (raising hand) - or in the case of school vouchers - waiting longer than a child is in school to decide IF they're going to go with vouchers for him. SOME things need short term solutions, because the problem exists NOW. You fix what you can, now, until you find the better one.

What got me about this thing is - it cost the city *nothing*. And they still paid people to grab the houses and *destroy* them.

I don't think they destroyed the houses, they just stole the Solar panels off of them, before they returned them.

terbear1225

If my choice is having several of these tiny homes near my property versus a tent city, I'll take the tiny homes.