Anti-trump reporter gets unwelcome surprise

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ANTI-TRUMP REPORTER GETS UNWELCOME SURPRISE
April Ryan is a reporter for American Urban Radio Networks. Last week, after a tense exchange with White House aide Omarosa Manigault, she leveled several accusations.

Ryan claimed that Manigault told her she was among a group of reporters on whom the White House is keeping dossiers with negative information. She claimed that she felt “physically intimidated” by Manigault. She described Manigault’s behavior as threatening enough to be “Secret Serviceable,” meaning that it warranted intervention by law enforcement officers.

Manigault denied Ryan’s accusations. She called them “fake news.”

Now, Manigault says that a White House media employee recorded the encounter. According to Manigault, the recording backs up her contention that Ryan’s version is false.

She says the tape shows that Ryan came into the White House press-staff area “hot,” hurling insults at her:

She came in with an attitude. For her to characterize me as the bully — I’m so glad we have this tape. . .because it’s “liar, liar, pants on fire.”

Ryan is not happy that the the White House has the tape. She complains that she was not aware that the exchange was being recorded and that she never consented to it. “This is freaking Nixonian,” she adds.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To recap:

Reporter lies.
Video of the truth emerges.
Reporter claims that it's "Nixonian" to record her.

:roflmao:

These people, my god. They have no shame, no ethics, no decency. And yet they don't lose their job for flat out lying. I don't understand this.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And these are the same types that want to record everything themselves.

Remember the Ivanka plane incident?

Love it when their own nonsense bites them in the ass.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ain't no different than the numerous recordings of cops telling someone how they own their ass, can make up any charge they like and that they ARE the law only to run to the laws against unauthorized recording to protect themselves when they find they've been recorded.

We, the people.

This_person

Ain't no different than the numerous recordings of cops telling someone how they own their ass, can make up any charge they like and that they ARE the law only to run to the laws against unauthorized recording to protect themselves when they find they've been recorded.

We, the people.

We, the people, are sick and tired of both of those types of things. You're correct that it is pretty much the same thing - power breeds abuse of power, power unchecked breeds a totalitarianism seen in bad cops, bad reporters, bad lawmakers, etc. These are the express reasons for 2A, for libel/slander laws, for Internal Affairs departments, etc.

SamSpade

We, the people.

And I agree. But with one proviso. We've already seen huge numbers of videos which are edited to depict what the person who took the video wants you to see.
I don't think people who are in the business of being able to have their testimony alone destroy someone else without the ability to verify what they're saying.
Neither do I believe a recording can not be challenged as well.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And I agree. But with one proviso. We've already seen huge numbers of videos which are edited to depict what the person who took the video wants you to see.
I don't think people who are in the business of being able to have their testimony alone destroy someone else without the ability to verify what they're saying.

Rodney King.

PsyOps

Pixelated

It's my understanding that virtually everything in the White House is recorded in one way or the other; especially if it's a sort-of an official meeting: a reporter interviewing someone. And those recordings become an official part of the White House communications record; and any doctoring of those recordings is a felony.

Hijinx

How could this reporter be so ignorant as to go to the WH and not know she was recorded?
You can't even go to the grocery store and not be recorded.
Cops are driving up and down the road recording your tag number ,traffic camera's are everywhere.

But this scion of journalism didn't know she was recorded at the WH? Dumb.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How could this reporter be so ignorant as to go to the WH and not know she was recorded?
You can't even go to the grocery store and not be recorded.
Cops are driving up and down the road recording your tag number ,traffic camera's are everywhere.

But this scion of journalism didn't know she was recorded at the WH? Dumb.

I'm reluctant to call this person a reporter. I think 'hack' is more fitting.