I find John McCain interesting

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why do you suppose he continues to try and pander to the Democrats?

Back in 2000 I lost count of how many Democrats said, "Oh if John McCain gets the Republican nomination, I'd vote for him." Not only all over the internet, but people I actually know. Well, McCain didn't get the nomination, but 8 years later these Democrats did have a chance to vote for him in the general election, and how many actually did? Yeah, that would be "zero".

So why does he continue to think that if he just throws out enough lefty talking points and opposes his party enough, Democrats will love him?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It'd be an interesting question to ask him, but I don't think even he has an answer.

If he hadn't been doing it for 25+ years, I'd say senility.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Good timing on this topic.... he's on Meet The Press right now giving Chuck Todd a hummer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does he just like having his mug all over the news and knows this is the best way to get that? Even if it makes him look like a senile buffoon?

I'm all for interparty disagreement - I have long criticized their (both parties) tendency to close ranks and parrot talking points. But McCain is straight over the edge of reason. He has some personal vendetta against Trump and I'm curious what it is. Trump has done absolutely nothing to "shut down" or "suppress" the media in this country, so where is this wild speculation coming from?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Perhaps he's getting democratic talking points from an old Keating five mailing list.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Back in 2000 I lost count of how many Democrats said, "Oh if John McCain gets the Republican nomination, I'd vote for him." Not only all over the internet, but people I actually know. Well, McCain didn't get the nomination, but 8 years later these Democrats did have a chance to vote for him in the general election, and how many actually did? Yeah, that would be "zero".

So why does he continue to think that if he just throws out enough lefty talking points and opposes his party enough, Democrats will love him?

I don't think he so much panders to republicans as he panders to the establishment; which is made up of both parties. They are doing all they can to protect themselves; and Trump threatens that. And his 'dictator' comment shows so much ignorance as to what's going on.

The media is our enemy. Their bias causes them to distort, twist, and lie about nearly everything. The people expect the truth from the media, and when we are continually lied to, the liars are not our friends. Having a lying and biased media is dangerous. Doing everything they can to take the freely elected president down is dangerous to our democracy. To try to twist it around to Trump being dangerous because he's simply responding to these lies is dangerous. And the establishment, and particularly the left, better get this in their heads and demand better from our media, or they are going to continue to suffer losses.

black dog

Free America
I don't think he so much panders to republicans as he panders to the establishment; which is made up of both parties. They are doing all they can to protect themselves; and Trump threatens that. And his 'dictator' comment shows so much ignorance as to what's going on.

The media is our enemy. Their bias causes them to distort, twist, and lie about nearly everything. The people expect the truth from the media, and when we are continually lied to, the liars are not our friends. Having a lying and biased media is dangerous. Doing everything they can to take the freely elected president down is dangerous to our democracy. To try to twist it around to Trump being dangerous because he's simply responding to these lies is dangerous. And the establishment, and particularly the left, better get this in their heads and demand better from our media, or they are going to continue to suffer losses.

I believe President Trump scares the poop out of alot of them.
The next eight years will be more fun than a Dundalk girl on Saturday night.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

McSame [as Obama] used to be called a RINO, until the GOP [ingeneral] shifted to the left, these past 8 yrs of Obama
basically McCain is a Dem Lite
With the Election of Trump, we can just call them all 'The Establishment' or statists

The media is our enemy. Their bias causes them to distort, twist, and lie about nearly everything.

:nono:

not EVERYONE'S Enemy .... the Progressive 30 / 40 of the country loves it

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
And that is exactly the opposite of what they're supposed to be.

I heard an interesting analogy about the media yesterday. They've always sold themselves as the referees of the world of politics and that it was true until about the last 15-20 years. After that point they've morphed themselves into WWE/WWF referees, an unacknowledged part of the show.

Hijinx

If the subject is why does McCain hate Trump and there is much speculation, I may as ell speculate too.

McCain ran for president, He made a poor showing, fact is if he hadn't recruited Sarah Palin he would have been dead in the water months before his loss.
People did not like McCain.

Now it is years later and this bitter old man is attacking his own parties choice.
Not the party of the leadership mind you. They would have chosen him again probably if they had thought it was still his turn.
That is what the leadership does. They decide who's turn it is.
Along came Trump, he made his own turn and the people elected him.

McCain is bitter, has no one else to take it out on, so he razzes Trump.

tommyjo

You and all those who think like you don't seem to understand that Mr. McCain more adequately represents the vast middle of the political spectrum. YOU and yours think he is a lefty because you believe in such a hard right agenda.

McCain represents more of what should be the best of the Republican party should and used to stand for.

You, yours and Mr. Trump represent the worst of it and the worst of the country

Hijinx

You and all those who think like you don't seem to understand that Mr. McCain more adequately represents the vast middle of the political spectrum. YOU and yours think he is a lefty because you believe in such a hard right agenda.

McCain represents more of what should be the best of the Republican party should and used to stand for.

We understand perfectly well TJ why you like Mccain.
Democrats have always loved Republicans who are more Democrat than Republican.
I am sure you are madly in love with Collins, Murkowski. and Graham also.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I like how you separated your lies, one per break.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I heard an interesting analogy about the media yesterday. They've always sold themselves as the referees of the world of politics and that it was true until about the last 15-20 years. After that point they've morphed themselves into WWE/WWF referees, an unacknowledged part of the show.

I love that analogy and so true. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Democrats have always loved Republicans who are more Democrat than Republican.

UNTIL that Republican runs against a real Democrat. Then s/he is evil SatanHitlerStalinRacistMisogynistHomophobe. Democrats "loved" McCain...until McCain ran against a Democrat.

What part of that is he too stupid to understand?

PsyOps

Pixelated
:nono:

not EVERYONE'S Enemy .... the Progressive 30 / 40 of the country loves it

Must be a special kind of love to want to be lied to, even if those lies support your way of thinking. This disinterest in the truth only serves to destroy the liberties we all love. There is no liberty living in a lie.