Our President* Spent His Saturday Lying to Our Faces

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" "I'm here because I want to be among my friends and among the people. This was a great movement, a movement like has never been seen before in our country our probably anywhere else."

"Within a few days of taking the oath of office, I've taken steps to begin the construction of the Keystone and the Dakota Access Pipelines. Anywhere from 30-40,000 jobs. And very importantly, as I was about to sign it, I said who makes the pipe? Who makes the pipe? Something this audience understands very well, right? Simple question. The lawyers put this very complex document in front. I said, who makes the pipe? They said, sir, it can be made anywhere. I said not anymore. I put a little clause in the bottom. The pipe has to be made in the United States of America if we're going to have pine line."

The 30,000 jobs figure was debunked years ago. The pipes for it have been sitting in North Dakota for years. Many of them were not made in America.

"In fact, when the Prime Minister of Japan, Prime Minister Abe, was great. Great guy. When he came over, he said, thank you. I said for what. You saved us many, many millions of dollars on the F-35 fighter jet. Because when I negotiated, I took our allies into the same negotiation. So the first thing he did was thanked me for saving them money and that's good. Okay. That's good. I know the media will never thank me so at least Japan is thanking me, right?"

"But we believe in two simple rules. Buy American and hire American. We believe it." Except at his winery.

"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden."

Nothing happened the night before in Sweden. "

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a53269/trump-florida-rally-lies/

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How do the cost 'savings' on the plane compare to the increased cost in buying American pipe?

Lockhead loses $100 million. It saves Japan $100 million. That's good for America?

Presumably, people were using the cheapest pipe they could find. Mandating they use other pipe most likely means increased costs though I can see how it means more American jobs.

Would someone mind defending the Japan deal?

Rommey

As Lockheed builds more planes, the cost savings are realized because there are no longer one-time expenses. The US actually orders the planes and sells them through the Foreign Military Sales program, so there is no loss to Lockheed, rather the prices have dropped ~7% for the planes and support equipment. The US just passed on those savings to Japan. In other words, the cost of the plane to the US, whether they keep it or sell it, is the same.

If you had a supplier charging you a certain price for a commodity and part of your business was selling that commodity to others...if your supplier cut their price would you pass on the savings to your customers?

Chris0nllyn

Trump has said that he gets most of his information from watching television, primarily Fox News and other 24-hour cable news networks. It’s no surprise, then, that the story of Sweden to which he referred originated on a hugely popular prime time news program.

Trump’s Twitter critics were just interpreting him too literally.

Wait wait wait wait. This article's excuse for Trump is that he gets his info from the very same media he's railing against?

And that his "critics" simply taking him at his word is the issue here?

I guess I understand the taking him literally issue considering supports and everyone else had to do that during his campaign, but to say it's simply a goof because he watches the news for his info while he and his supporters are out here crying about the dishonest, fake media is completely bogus.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wait wait wait wait. This article's excuse for Trump is that he gets his info from the very same media he's railing against?

Too complicated for ya? Have to make everything binary? What is your narrow child-like definition of "the very same media"? Let's start there....

Chris0nllyn

Too complicated for ya? Have to make everything binary? What is your narrow child-like definition of "the very same media"? Let's start there....

No, it's not complicated.

Trump tweeted about the "failing media" or "fake media" and listed specific agencies. Know who wasn't on there? Fox News.

Is Fox not considered main stream media, or "MSM"?

Or are you going to try and claim that NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, etc. are the only main stream media outlets?

Toxick

Splat
Is Fox not considered main stream media, or "MSM"?

I don't believe it is considered MSM.

It should be, given its ratings. However Right-Wingers will not list it as MSM because it's not liberal.
Left-Wingers have yet to acknowledge it as part of the actual press.

So, like the proverbial cheese, it stands alone.

Midnightrider

I don't believe it is.

It should be given its ratings, however Right-Wingers will not list it as MSM because it's not liberal.

bwhahahaha

its different because we say it is......

MSM, cable news, fake news, its all the same. Fox is no different, they just have a slightly different slant to their spin

Toxick

Splat
bwhahahaha

its different because we say it is......

MSM, cable news, fake news, its all the same. Fox is no different, they just have a slightly different slant to their spin

He aksed if it was not considered MSM. I answered.

IMO, they're all a bundle of ####-shows with no integrity, and I resent the fact that I have to sift through so much horse #### to get to the nuggets of truth, including foreign news. Every single outlet tries to tell us what to think - or at least direct our thinking - and that pisses me off. I long for the day one single news source is JUST news. Who, What, Where, When and ####ing How. Period.

Er... question mark.

Anyway, Fox is not considered MSM.

Chris0nllyn

I don't believe it is considered MSM.

It should be, given its ratings. However Right-Wingers will not list it as MSM because it's not liberal.

My take as well.