Motorcycle accident on TJ Bridge

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sounds like the victim has a broken femur.
Traffic may be plugged up for a while.

We got over the bridge a few minutes before it happened. By the time we left the meeting at 8, it was cleared, thank goodness. Hoping the motorcyclist will be okay!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We got over the bridge a few minutes before it happened. By the time we left the meeting at 8, it was cleared, thank goodness. Hoping the motorcyclist will be okay!

He had surgery yesterday for his leg and has a few broken ribs, otherwise he will be okay. He's a friend of mine.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unless it was uparmored, most likey gonna need some work. I do wonder what happened, the bridge should be a fairly safe place. No cross turning traffic, no animals. no merging traffic once you get onto it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I do wonder what happened, the bridge should be a fairly safe place. No cross turning traffic, no animals. no merging traffic once you get onto it.
No clue but it looked like it happened right at the base of the bridge on the Solomons side so my guess is a merging and/or yielding issue.

I do know there were tons of people on the island as we took a quick tour around and to see the sinkhole. :jameo:

glhs837

Power with Control
No clue but it looked like it happened right at the base of the bridge on the Solomons side so my guess is a merging and/or yielding issue.

I do know there were tons of people on the island as we took a quick tour around and to see the sinkhole. :jameo:

Yeah, pretty tough in there, tougher going south, as the people entering from the right quite often make no attempt to match speeds with the through traffic, and fewer attempts to clear before merging. And nowhere to go if they do conflict.

SamSpade

Yeah, we were stuck on the Solomon's side for a while - kinda freaked out, because we were under the bridge at the time, and cops were shining flashlights DOWNWARD.

Glad everyone's ok.