Thread: Activists tied to President Obama reveal training manual for bullying Republicans at townhalls

Activists tied to President Obama reveal training manual for bullying Republicans at townhalls

Activists tied to President Obama reveal training manual for bullying Republicans at townhalls

The Obama-linked group Organizing For Action is gearing up to go after Republicans this week when they have their town halls back home.

The activist group, which is featured on former President Obama’s website, even has a training manual that teaches agitators how to bully GOP lawmakers.

The group, that used to be known as Obama For America when it campaigned for the then president’s second term, wrote its manual on Facebook this week advising its dissidents to mobilize against GOP lawmakers, the New York Post reported.

The manual, published with OFA partner “Indivisible,” advises protesters to go into halls quietly so as not to raise alarms, and “grab seats at the front of the room but do not all sit together.” Rather, spread out in pairs to make it seem like the whole room opposes the Republican host’s positions. “This will help reinforce the impression of broad consensus.” It also urges them to ask “hostile” questions — while keeping “a firm hold on the mic” — and loudly boo the GOP politician if he isn’t “giving you real answers.”

“Express your concern [to the event’s hosts] they are giving a platform to pro-Trump authoritarianism, racism, and corruption,” it says.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

I'd have a field day with an audience like that.

I'd invite them up to the podium and give them everything they need to just keep on making the case against themselves.

And for me.

Alinsky rules are for the weak to take on the strong. When you're strong, when you've won, had the Presidency, the House, the Senate, they're useless. In fact, their counter productive.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I'd have a field day with an audience like that.

I'd invite them up to the podium and give them everything they need to just keep on making the case against themselves.

And for me.

Alinsky rules are for the weak to take on the strong. When you're strong, when you've won, had the Presidency, the House, the Senate, they're useless. In fact, their counter productive.
    All you have to do is run for a political office and you would have your platform and have your field day. Until then, it's just all talk, so just stay on the porch with the masses.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    All you have to do is run for a political office and you would have your platform and have your field day. Until then, it's just all talk, so just stay on the porch with the masses.
    So, I can count on your vote?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    So, I can count on your vote?
    Gotta be the total package of planks, not just the "it's Bushes' fault" plank.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Gotta be the total package of planks, not just the "it's Bushes' fault" plank.
    Hmm. Boy, that's gonna be a tough one.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 30