Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you donít think Trumpís hiring freeze hurts our military, and military families, think again

Blog Entries

If you donít think Trumpís hiring freeze hurts our military, and military families, think again

Name:  trump301.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  76.4 KB

h/t VoteVets
    Doctors Without Borders

Disabled American Veterans (DAV)

Special Olympics

Troops or military family members struggling with suicidal thoughts or in need of help are encouraged to call the Veterans Crisis Line, 800-273-8255, press 1. More at this Link

Blog Entries
    Military folks are resilient. They will adjust accordingly. This is just some dependapotomus venting.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by nhboy View Post
    Name:  trump301.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  76.4 KB

h/t VoteVets
    Funny, when I saw this posted on a active duty oriented FB page, they tore this to shreds, saying that this is a perfect example of the exemptions built into the EO, and that not having used those exemptions shows a lack leadership.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Funny, when I saw this posted on a active duty oriented FB page, they tore this to shreds, saying that this is a perfect example of the exemptions built into the EO, and that not having used those exemptions shows a lack leadership.
    Agree, either it is bad leadership or they didn't want to be bothered with the program anymore and this seemed like a good excuse. There are exceptions that can be made to the hiring freeze.

Nah... it's just easier to blame Trump.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Military folks are resilient. They will adjust accordingly. This is just some dependapotomus venting.

dependapotomus

So, if your gummint provided benefits were to stop march 1, because of strong budget cuts to get the deficit in order, what would your response be? Adjust? be resilient? Accept it?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    So, if your gummint provided benefits were to stop march 1, because of strong budget cuts to get the deficit in order, what would your response be? Adjust? be resilient? Accept it?
    Wouldn't that be something if military retirement benefits was what they cut instead of welfare, foreign aid, and the host of other crap that wasn't actually earned by Americans?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Wouldn't that be something if military retirement benefits was what they cut instead of welfare, foreign aid, and the host of other crap that wasn't actually earned by Americans?
    Fair point but not the question. Soldiers fight, we're told, for all our freedom. That includes the vote. Or is the gummint just for those who 'earned' it?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Fair point but not the question. Soldiers fight, we're told, for all our freedom. That includes the vote. Or is the gummint just for those who 'earned' it?
    I'm not even sure what that means.

People go into the military with a contract that says they will get certain retirement benefits if they do the whole gig. I am unaware that we are born with a contract that says the government will pay us; I am also unaware that foreign countries are entitled to our tax bucks as well.

That said, and I'm merely guessing how Monello might answer your question because he's currently out doing fishing things, if the government stripped all military vets of their retirement benefits, he would adjust accordingly.

I mean....what do you think might be an alternative?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

My retirement benefits were part of a contract I signed with the govt when I enlisted. The other things Vrai referenced are not like that.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.