No, We Definitely Do Want to Take Billionaires' Money

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No, We Definitely Do Want to Take Billionaires' Money

Billionaires: should we take their ####ing money and use it for things that society desperately needs, because they sure don’t ####ing need it? The answer is yes. That said, there are many (misguided but) intellectually coherent ideas as to why we should not do so: for example, some believe the existence of billionaires is but an unfortunate side effect of a free enterprise system that will ultimately enrich us all; some would say that confiscatory taxation would simply cause billionaires to flee to tax havens, making the global situation worse; and so on. In order to have this debate effectively, both the pro- and anti-billionaires need to trot out arguments that—whether or not you agree with them—have some sort of rational and/ or moral heft.

Or, you can just do what Jeff Sommer did in his recent New York Times piece headlined “Why You Might Not Want to Take Away a Billionaire’s Money” and say a bunch of nonsense!!!!!!!!!!

Why mightn’t I want to take away money from someone who has far more than he could ever spend in order to give that money to poor and starving people who could really use it? I hope you brought your A-game, Jeff...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, once all that wealth has been confiscated and spent/wasted in a few short months....then what?

The writer of that piece is a complete moron.

Hijinx

just another NON Thinking Wealth Re-Distributionist

Bill Whittle covered this a couple of years ago ...

I have no objections to Billionaires, not even to those who got it from a leacy or from the estate of their parents or family.

What I have an objection to is Millionaires in our government (Congress) taking my tax money to support those who will not work but who are careful not to enact laws that will take anything away from them. They sit there fat cats with their own Barber shop and Beauty shop, their own restaurants, their own bodyguards, an office staff who supposedly read the laws and tell them how to vote, their chauffered cars, their special parking spot at the airport, their special fact finding trips a,d lobbyists, and they live like kings while passing out money that I worked hard for.

No Billionaires who are not involved with passing out my money don't piss me off,Millionaires and Billionaires who used my government to get their millions and then don't pass out their wealth, they pass out the nations wealth. They piss me off. Hear me Nancy?