School to police: No more high fiving students

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Snowflakes and their children.

[FONT=&quot] A Massachusetts police department's program that sent officers into elementary schools one day a week to greet and high-five students has been ended because some people complained.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Northampton police started "High Five Friday" in December as a way to foster better relationships between police and children.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The department said on its Facebook page that some people questioned the program's effectiveness while others were worried that it might upset children of color, those in the U.S. illegally or those who have had negative experiences with law enforcement.[/FONT]

complainers gonna complain

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The department said on its Facebook page that some people questioned the program's effectiveness while others were worried that it might upset children of color, those in the U.S. illegally or those who have had negative experiences with law enforcement.

What am I missing? What does a high five have to do with any of the above that would cause any kind of distress?

Restitution

Too bad they cannot keep a registry of these morons for when they are in the middle of a home invasion and they call 911!

"Sorry sir/ma'am.... we cannot respond due to the fact that a police presence may trigger a negative experience!"

stgislander

PREMO Member
The department said on its Facebook page that some people questioned the program's effectiveness while others were worried that it might upset children of color, those in the U.S. illegally or those who have had negative experiences with law enforcement.

I seriously don't get it. High 5 is one of the first things toddlers learn to do. Throw me a bone. What's the complaint based on?

Translation: People in Massachusetts hate cops.

luvmygdaughters

I have a feeling it may be parents who are not always, how should I say this, on the right side of the law and possibly some illegals. Parents are afraid the little ones may something that may spark an investigation. pure paranoia on the part of the parents.

glhs837

Power with Control
Translation: People in Massachusetts hate cops.

Not everyone, I have many friends and a lot of family that are pretty pro-LEO sorts of folks.

Ah, from the Wiki.....

The city of Northampton is the county seat of Hampshire County, Massachusetts, United States. As of 2012, the estimated total population of Northampton was 28,592. Northampton is known as an academic, artistic, musical, and countercultural hub.

Now to pull the demo data.......

As of the census[59] of 2010, there were 28,549 people, 12,000 households, and 5,895 families residing in the city. Northampton has the most lesbian couples per capita of any city in the US.[60] The population density was 833.7 people per square mile (321.6/km²). There were 12,728 housing units (12,000 occupied) at an average density of 360.0 per square mile (139.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 87.7% White, 2.7% African American, 0.3% Native American, 4.1% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 2.4% from other races, and 2.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.8% of the population.

On the map, I can tell you, that's a really white part of MA.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...16750b13d8db0b!8m2!3d42.3250896!4d-72.6412013

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Hillary voters.

Fauxcahontas voters now.

fauxcahontas.jpg

Kev_Russell

Sounds reasonable to me. The *only* reason to have law enforcement at the schools at all is for conditioning these kids to get used to a 24-hour-a-day police presence in their future. Government schools want to teach that a police state is normalcy.

This is not something that is remotely the responsibility of government schools to teach. This is the kind of stuff that should be taught at home. Teach kids that police are not to be trusted. They are not your friends. Do not talk to them. Do not answer their questions. Do not look at them. Do not smile at them. Do not frown at them. And for god's sake, don't laugh at them. Keep to yourself, do no harm to others, and you'll get on just fine in life.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sounds reasonable to me. The *only* reason to have law enforcement at the schools at all is for conditioning these kids to get used to a 24-hour-a-day police presence in their future. Government schools want to teach that a police state is normalcy.

This is not something that is remotely the responsibility of government schools to teach. This is the kind of stuff that should be taught at home. Teach kids that police are not to be trusted. They are not your friends. Do not talk to them. Do not answer their questions. Do not look at them. Do not smile at them. Do not frown at them. And for god's sake, don't laugh at them. Keep to yourself, do no harm to others, and you'll get on just fine in life.

You know, I routinely get accused of being anti-leo because I question bad cops and good departments and cops who cover for bad cops. That said, your idea leads to the us vs them meme that breeds not just bad cops, but encourages good cops to cover for them, and citizens who act like you recommend, keeping the cycle going. Well over 95% of police are good, and there are millions of citizen officer interactions every day that are friendly polite encounters. Ever been to a real police state? Ever study them? Go live in one, let me know how it compares.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Growing up in the 60s, we'd wave to the cops as they drove through our neighborhood. No reason to fear the police unless you were up to something sinister.

black dog

Free America
I know all eleven officers by name in the town I live in.
Everyone waves at them when driving, if you are good friends you might get a Woop Woop with the siren back at you.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Thanks for your post. A true insight into who you really are.

You know, I routinely get accused of being anti-leo because I question bad cops and good departments and cops who cover for bad cops. That said, your idea leads to the us vs them meme that breeds not just bad cops, but encourages good cops to cover for them, and citizens who act like you recommend, keeping the cycle going. Well over 95% of police are good, and there are millions of citizen officer interactions every day that are friendly polite encounters. Ever been to a real police state? Ever study them? Go live in one, let me know how it compares.

:yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Growing up in the 60s, we'd wave to the cops as they drove through our neighborhood. No reason to fear the police unless you were up to something sinister.

Truth. Times have changed. I don't get why they have changed, but they have. I always thought people were so brave to join our military, but now you have to be that brave to join our domestic police. Very hard to comprehend.

Mazzholes.

You meant M#######s. Now, I get it! I had to look it up because I really didn't get it! I have already admitted many times on here that I can be dense. The Pollyanna in me will be the death of me.:lol: So be it.

Last edited: