Sick, dying and raped in America's nursing homes

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Some of the victims can't speak. They rely on walkers and wheelchairs to leave their beds. They have been robbed of their memories. They come to nursing homes to be cared for.

Instead, they are sexually assaulted.

The unthinkable is happening at facilities throughout the country: Vulnerable seniors are being raped and sexually abused by the very people paid to care for them.

It's impossible to know just how many victims are out there. But through an exclusive analysis of state and federal data and interviews with experts, regulators and the families of victims, CNN has found that this little-discussed issue is more widespread than anyone would imagine.

Even more disturbing: In many cases, nursing homes and the government officials who oversee them are doing little -- or nothing -- to stop it.

Sometimes pure -- and even willful -- negligence is at work. In other instances, nursing home employees and administrators are hamstrung in their efforts to protect victims who can't remember exactly what happened to them or even identify their perpetrators. "

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/02/health/nursing-home-sex-abuse-investigation/?sr=twnwsrm022217ana%20cabrera0808PMVideoLink&linkId=34778918

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I want to point out that this is CNN, and they do not pay for reprints - in fact, if you want to reprint their stories, you pay them. Therefore NHB is posting of his own volition and not because he's making money off of it.

Back to the story:

There are a lot of awful people who do awful things in this world. I know exactly how to curtail #### head activity, but nobody ever likes my solutions.

Hijinx

I want to point out that this is CNN, and they do not pay for reprints - in fact, if you want to reprint their stories, you pay them. Therefore NHB is posting of his own volition and not because he's making money off of it.

Back to the story:

There are a lot of awful people who do awful things in this world. I know exactly how to curtail #### head activity, but nobody ever likes my solutions.

Its a pretty low life POS who would rape old ladies in a nursing home.
Would hardly bother to me if they were simply found lynched in the nursing home hallway.

stew77

I like your solutions!! In fact, mine are even worse than yours!! Bottom line, let me catch this happening to someone I love, and we will see just how it CAN be curtailed!