Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes Dies at Age 66

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Alan Colmes, a political commentator for Fox News, has died, the network announced on Thursday. He was 66. Colmes was a prominent liberal voice on the network, often appearing on-air. He also hosted a radio show on Fox News Radio. From 1996 to 2009, Colmes co-hosted a nightly political show with conservative commentator Sean Hannity. He also authored three books. "

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/23/alan-colmes-dies-66

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh no! :frown:

I always felt sorry for him when he was doing Hannity & Colmes. One in particular required him to do his pro-abortion lefty thing with a woman who survived her mother's abortion and became an activist. How do you tell a bright cheerful young woman that she should have never been born?

Considering his sister-in-law is Monica Crowley, I always thought that their family gatherings must be very interesting. :lol:

RIP, Alan Colmes.

Oh, and did you anti-Fox freaks see where Colmes was a "prominent liberal voice" for FoxNews? Fair and balanced, baby.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I always liked Alan Colmes. Didn't always agree with his views, but he always came across as a nice guy.

Wishbone

Oh no! :frown:

I always felt sorry for him when he was doing Hannity & Colmes. One in particular required him to do his pro-abortion lefty thing with a woman who survived her mother's abortion and became an activist. How do you tell a bright cheerful young woman that she should have never been born?

Considering his sister-in-law is Monica Crowley, I always thought that their family gatherings must be very interesting. :lol:

RIP, Alan Colmes.

Oh, and did you anti-Fox freaks see where Colmes was a "prominent liberal voice" for FoxNews? Fair and balanced, baby.

Colmes made his case without all the histrionics and pejoratives that are common today.

PsyOps

Pixelated
He used to annoy me because I routinely felt like he was just toeing the leftist line because he felt it was his job; that he didn't really believe what he was saying. But I enjoyed Hannity and Colmes and sad that he's gone. And so young.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Colmes should have gotten a Nobel Prize simply for sharing a stage with Hannity all those years and not choking him out. Admirable restraint!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He used to annoy me because I routinely felt like he was just toeing the leftist line because he felt it was his job; that he didn't really believe what he was saying. But I enjoyed Hannity and Colmes and sad that he's gone. And so young.

You believe hannity believes half the crap he spouts?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
His show is unwatchable without Colmes. Hannity almost never has a guest who disagrees with him.

He *does* but it's always some lamebrain they picked up on the side of a road somewhere that Sean can easily steamroll over. I stopped watching him a long time ago.

We used to listen to Hannity a lot during the election because he had Trump as a guest almost every night. Now we only listen if we're too lazy or distracted to change the station after Tucker Carlson (who we only listen to if we're too lazy to change it after O'Reilly, who we make a point to listen to).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unlike Tucker Carlson that only books the most disagreeable opposition he can find.

He does find the biggest moonbats out there. That one guy, good grief. Why the hell would anyone care what he thought about anything?

SamSpade

Unlike Tucker Carlson that only books the most disagreeable opposition he can find.

And that amazes me. I mean, Bill O'Reilly, giant, kind of scary?
Rosie O'Donnell once mentioned how terrified she was of him.
But Carlson? You'd never be afraid of him.

Until he guts you with his words. He's either really fast on the draw or he seriously does his homework.