April Ryan Defends Accusing President Trump of Racist Language He Never Actually Used

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
April Ryan Defends Accusing President Trump of Racist Language He Never Actually Used

“I heard him say that!” Ryan insisted. I don’t doubt that she heard exactly what she wanted to. But I can’t turn up any evidence that Trump’s comments at the time were accused of having a racial tinge even by liberal pundits.

Ryan is of course perfectly at liberty to listen to a Trump speech and imagine all sorts of things. But she brought her assumptions into her reporting, and threw them at the White House as though they were facts. It simply is not clear that Trump said, “’We made this country,’ meaning white America.” That’s Ryan’s highly subjective interpretation, and a dubious one at that.

What irks me is I guarantee less time and effort will be spent by the media denouncing this factually-challenged question than was spent complaining that conservative media outlets asked accurate questions, but “the wrong questions.” Ryan is a veteran reporter, well-respected in the briefing room. As such, she’ll receive deference and benefit of the doubt that almost certainly would never be given to a blatantly false question from, say, Katie Pavlich.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn't it interesting that when someone says "America" or "Americans", progs think they are only referring to white people?

Why do progs think black folks aren't Americans?

SamSpade

Isn't it interesting that when someone says "America" or "Americans", progs think they are only referring to white people?

Why do progs think black folks aren't Americans?

This is what happens when you decide what the facts are before you have any evidence - because he's "racist", EVERY time he says "we" it means white.

Geez, it doesn't even make SENSE in the context given.