Snowflake of the Week

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) on Thursday invoked the 2011 shooting of former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.) at a constituent event as a reason not to hold a public town hall.

"At this time there are groups from the more violent strains of the leftist ideology, some even being paid, who are preying on public town halls to wreak havoc and threaten public safety," Gohmert said in a statement.

"Threats are nothing new to me and I have gotten my share as a felony judge. However, the House Sergeant at Arms advised us after former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was shot at a public appearance, that civilian attendees at Congressional public events stand the most chance of being harmed or killed—just as happened there."

Gohmert said he could communicate with thousands of constituents through phone town hall meetings, arguing even more people will be able to participating in town hall meetings held this way. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/320778-gop-rep-invokes-giffords-shooting-as-reason-not-to-hold-town-hall

glhs837

Power with Control
Agreed, that's some BS right there. Stenys been doing this for years since he felt unwelcome at his Waldorf Town Hall on Obamacare, even though more than half of the audience was bussed in SEIU and Teamsters members. Meet your constituents, damnit. You feel unsafe, bring some security.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Agreed, that's some BS right there. Stenys been doing this for years since he felt unwelcome at his Waldorf Town Hall on Obamacare, even though more than half of the audience was bussed in SEIU and Teamsters members. Meet your constituents, damnit. You feel unsafe, bring some security.

Those are his only constituents anymore.