Mexico feels threatened by US policies

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Perhaps fixing the social issues that make your citizens want to flee by the millions would be a better effort on their part rather than boohoo about other nation's policies.

On Wednesday, Mexico’s foreign minister Luis Videgaray blasted Trump’s planned crackdown that proposes sending illegal immigrants to Mexico even if they are from another country.“I want to make it clear in the most emphatic way that the Mexican government and the people of Mexico do not have to accept provisions that one government unilaterally wants to impose on another,” he said.
Mexican officials fear this could lead to refugee camps being set up near the border, full of deportees with nowhere to go.
The plan also calls for deporting anyone charged with or convicted of a crime, potentially subjecting millions of illegal immigrants to the possibility of deportation.
It also makes good on Trump’s campaign vow to build a border wall on the country’s southern border and hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents and 10,000 extra Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.

nervous nellies

Hijinx

Although I can see Mexico's resentment at getting illegals who are from other countries sent back to them, I have to wonder if these people from other countries used Mexico as a staging place to come into our country.

If Mexico is allowing people from other South America countries to use their country to enter ours, then they deserve to have them come back.
If not they should be sent back to their country of origin, IMO.

The big problem is that Mexico is encouraging people to come to America illegally and doing nothing to stop it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The big problem is that Mexico is encouraging people to come to America illegally and doing nothing to stop it.

They sure are.

Mexican Government’s Official Guide to Illegal Immigration
In 2004, the Mexican Government issued a comic-book style official guide book for Mexicans planning to enter the United States illegally. Thousands of copies of this handy guide have been distributed and, despite requests from the U.S. government, the Mexican government continues to hand out copies today.