Popeye's Chicken Is Going Through Some Major Changes

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you haven't heard by now, Burger King just bought Popeyes for $1.8 billion (NBD), and if you're wondering what that means for the future of the chicken company, you're not alone. A change is definitely gonna come, and though we don't have any definitives yet, here's a glimpse at what you can expect.

If you're a diehard fan of the Popeyes menu, be prepared to see some changes. Though you may have your personal favorites, anything that isn't a big menu seller has the chance to get axed in this merger, according to an article from Canadian Business. Price hikes to raise revenue are also a possibility, but they will likely update the items before raising the cost, serving up a larger size or adding in new special ingredients to justify a price hike. Name changes for existing items are also in the cards to revamp and update the menu.

Just like Tim Hortons opened up 200 new locations back in 2016, Popeyes will be prime for a more global expansion. It doesn't have as wide of a presence as Burger King, which you can find all across America as well as in foreign countries, so an expansion both at home and overseas is likely.

Another possible change is discontinuing use of antibiotics in chicken. This one could take a while to roll out, but the end result could put the chain on the level of Chipotle and Panera, who serve antibiotic-free meat.

http://www.delish.com/food-news/a51704/popeyes-chicken-change-burger-king-merger/

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Paid $21 for an 8 piece, 4 biscuits, and lg red beans and rice the other day. I wish I'd gone to Jackie Tennyson's now. What a disappointment.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Where is Jackie Tennyson's?
Chicken good?

Route 238 and 234 intersection, kind of. Just off of the traffic circle across from Village Liquors in Chaptico. Actually, I think it is called Chaptico Market and Ice Cream Shop. Jackie's son bought it before Jackie passed away, but the recipe remains the same. :yay:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Route 238 and 234 intersection, kind of. Just off of the traffic circle across from Village Liquors in Chaptico. Actually, I think it is called Chaptico Market and Ice Cream Shop. Jackie's son bought it before Jackie passed away, but the recipe remains the same. :yay:

You should of said Chaptico Market.
Very very good.

PeoplesElbow

Regular prices are Popeyes are already too high. You have to get the monthly special or use a coupon for it to line up with other fast food prices.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I quit going to the one in the park because the manager was creepy, always wondered if that was his version of making a pass at me.

I went to HS in NOLA with a girl that married the founder of Popeye's. I do love their chicken, but way too expensive. And, where we live now, all the employees speak Spanish. It is like going into a foreign country. I know Spanish, but only when it is spoken, slowly. They have gotten our order wrong both times we have been there. Not going back.

Side note: The McDonalds here, actually, has a line to get in if translation is needed. And, don't go to the Walmart in Germantown. You won't hear English spoken at all. What the hell? I guess, this is where I say, Go Trump!

Hank

my war
I went to HS in NOLA with a girl that married the founder of Popeye's. I do love their chicken, but way too expensive. And, where we live now, all the employees speak Spanish. It is like going into a foreign country. I know Spanish, but only when it is spoken, slowly. They have gotten our order wrong both times we have been there. Not going back.

Side note: The McDonalds here, actually, has a line to get in if translation is needed. And, don't go to the Walmart in Germantown. You won't hear English spoken at all. What the hell? I guess, this is where I say, Go Trump!

Cool Story Bro!

luvmygdaughters

Chaptico Market's fried chicken is the bomb!!!!!! Not crazy about Popeyes. Used to love Church's Chicken when I worked in District Heights...many moons ago.