Congressman who wants to kill the EPA gets blasted at his town hall

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-FL) first piece of legislation was a one-liner:
The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018.

But it turns out the newly-elected member of Congress might have misunderstood his mandate from voters. At Gaetz’s first town hall meeting with constituents Thursday night, protesters rallied outside with signs supporting the EPA. Inside, constituents pushed Gaetz to explain his bill.

“My bill doesn’t eliminate [the EPA] right away, but sunsets the agency by 2018,” Gaetz told the crowd. “I want to keep the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act… take the power out of Washington and back into the states.”

Legislation from Congress — including the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act — gives the EPA authority to regulate pollution and enforce other environmental protection statutes. Carrying out the EPA’s activities, which are required by law, would have to be delegated elsewhere.

Gaetz has suggested the EPA’s roughly $8 billion budget could be given directly to states for environmental enforcement. He also suggested Thursday that it could be rolled into defense spending.

“My belief is that the $8 billion we’re currently spending on the EPA is not appropriately utilized to be able to really get in and punish polluters,” Gaetz told the crowd at one of his nine events Thursday.

Half of the EPA’s current funding is already passed on to state programs. "

https://thinkprogress.org/rep-who-wants-to-kill-epa-gets-blasted-79e95fe6cfa0#.cnpn9vvm0

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
" Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-FL) first piece of legislation was a one-liner:
The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018.

But it turns out the newly-elected member of Congress might have misunderstood his mandate from voters. At Gaetz’s first town hall meeting with constituents Thursday night, protesters rallied outside with signs supporting the EPA. Inside, constituents pushed Gaetz to explain his bill.

“My bill doesn’t eliminate [the EPA] right away, but sunsets the agency by 2018,” Gaetz told the crowd. “I want to keep the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act… take the power out of Washington and back into the states.”

Legislation from Congress — including the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act — gives the EPA authority to regulate pollution and enforce other environmental protection statutes. Carrying out the EPA’s activities, which are required by law, would have to be delegated elsewhere.

Gaetz has suggested the EPA’s roughly $8 billion budget could be given directly to states for environmental enforcement. He also suggested Thursday that it could be rolled into defense spending.

“My belief is that the $8 billion we’re currently spending on the EPA is not appropriately utilized to be able to really get in and punish polluters,” Gaetz told the crowd at one of his nine events Thursday.

Half of the EPA’s current funding is already passed on to state programs. "

https://thinkprogress.org/rep-who-wants-to-kill-epa-gets-blasted-79e95fe6cfa0#.cnpn9vvm0

how many of those were his constituents and how many were bussed in agitators?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, a bunch environmentalists hijack Gaetz's town hall, and this is somehow interpreted as Gaetz not understanding his mandate? You leftists need to stop thinking we're too stupid to see what you people are doing everywhere.

- Find an event
- Hijack that event
- Shut down any form of voice from the right
- Do it in large enough numbers to make it look like you're in the majority

All the protests surrounding Trump's campaign events made it look like the entire country was against him. This is how you create FAKE NEWS. Despite this deception, Trump won.

FAIL!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
how many of those were his constituents and how many were bussed in agitators?

Invisible Guide ... Project Town Hall

- Find an event
- Hijack that event
- Shut down any form of voice from the right
- Do it in large enough numbers to make it look like you're in the majority

but they are getting exposure by the Progressive Media ...

This_person

where are all the pics and video's of all these busses bringing in all the out of state "agitators"???

HOLY CRAP!!! That's a FAIR and REASONABLE question to ask, and attacks no individual.

Who are you and what did you to with TJ?