Steven Bannon's quest to burn down democracy is going just great

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Remember the interview in which Bannon wanted to burn down democracy?

“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed. ...

“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
That makes Steve Bannon possibly the only person in Washington who’s getting exactly, exactly what he wants.
Inside the White House, Mr. Bannon said, everything is going according to plan. The “deconstruction of the administrative state” has just begun.

Sure, Trump’s “fine-tuned machine” may look to everyone else like a chaos engine. But chaos is the goal. Every cabinet appointment diametrically opposed to the agency they’re named to head, every sensible regulation tossed in the trash, everything simply done worse … is better. For Steve Bannon. Because worse is what he wants. Confusion is better than clarity. Destruction is the plan.
“Every day is going to be a fight.”

Those who still expect some reset, slow down, or glimmer of common sense are going to be disappointed.

Bannon dismissed the idea that Trump might moderate his positions or seek consensus with political opponents. Rather, he said, the White House is digging in for a long period of conflict to transform Washington and upend the world order.

All those stories about how Democrats are being pushed to disagree with Trump have it backward. Trump isn’t interested in compromise. He’s not even interested in agreement. Conflict is what he, and Bannon, want. "

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/02/24/1637300/-Steven-Bannon-s-quest-to-burn-down-democracy-is-going-just-great

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:killingme

so Nazi, alt-right doesnt work ... break out the communist attacks

Bannon told me at a book party once .... more progbot pissing in the wind

Last edited: