Retired Admiral, commander of bin Laden raid, slams Trump's sentiments on media

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" William McRaven, a retired four-star Admiral and former Navy SEAL, defended journalists this week, calling President Donald Trump's denunciation of the media as "the enemy of the American people" the "greatest threat to democracy" he's seen in his lifetime. That's coming from a man who's seen major threats to democracy.

McRaven, who was commander of the secretive Joint Special Operations before he retired from the military, is the man who organized and oversaw the highly risky operation that killed Osama bin Laden almost six years ago. The admiral from Texas had tapped a special unit of Navy SEALs to carry out the May 2011 raid of the elusive terrorist's hideout, a high-walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, The Washington Post reported shortly after bin Laden's death.

McRaven left the military in 2014 after nearly four decades and later became chancellor of the University of Texas System. The UT-Austin alumnus, who has a bachelor's degree in journalism, addressed a crowd at the university's college of communication on Tuesday.

"We must challenge this statement and this sentiment that the news media is the enemy of the American people," McRaven said, according to the Daily Texan. "This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime." "

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/retired-admiral-commander-of-bin-laden-raid-slams-trump-s-sentiments-on-media-1.455473#.WLCeY2i7rG5

Hijinx

" William McRaven, a retired four-star Admiral and former Navy SEAL, defended journalists this week, calling President Donald Trump's denunciation of the media as "the enemy of the American people" the "greatest threat to democracy" he's seen in his lifetime. That's coming from a man who's seen major threats to democracy.

McRaven, who was commander of the secretive Joint Special Operations before he retired from the military, is the man who organized and oversaw the highly risky operation that killed Osama bin Laden almost six years ago. The admiral from Texas had tapped a special unit of Navy SEALs to carry out the May 2011 raid of the elusive terrorist's hideout, a high-walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, The Washington Post reported shortly after bin Laden's death.

McRaven left the military in 2014 after nearly four decades and later became chancellor of the University of Texas System. The UT-Austin alumnus, who has a bachelor's degree in journalism, addressed a crowd at the university's college of communication on Tuesday.

"We must challenge this statement and this sentiment that the news media is the enemy of the American people," McRaven said, according to the Daily Texan. "This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime." "

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/retired-admiral-commander-of-bin-laden-raid-slams-trump-s-sentiments-on-media-1.455473#.WLCeY2i7rG5

Yes the media's fake news and soft coups attempts are indeed a real threat to America.

tommyjo

Yes the media's fake news and soft coups attempts are indeed a real threat to America.

Umm...you do understand that the point of the article and the point of the Admiral are complete contradictions to the (per usual) idiotic comment you made?

Did you bother to read what was posted??? Here's that last paragraph again...please visit the Webster Dictionary site for any words you don't understand...

"We must challenge this statement and this sentiment that the news media is the enemy of the American people," McRaven said, according to the Daily Texan. "This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime."

Hijinx

Umm...you do understand that the point of the article and the point of the Admiral are complete contradictions to the (per usual) idiotic comment you made?

Did you bother to read what was posted??? Here's that last paragraph again...please visit the Webster Dictionary site for any words you don't understand...

Yes I read it and my point is that Trump is right and this Admiral is full of it.
Until the media gets over their hate for Trump and starts reporting fairly they are enemies of America.

My post was to mock this brilliant admiral who is evidently ignoring the media's AND YOUR plan to force Trump out of office..