Trump admin bans several media outlets from briefings

Chris0nllyn

The White House blocked most of the media from attending an off-camera briefing on Friday several hours after the president called some of them 'fake news.'

Press Secretary Sean Spicer canceled a planned, on-camera briefing and held a private briefing inside his office that was open to only certain reporters.

Among the outlets allowed in were Breitbart News, the previous employer of chief strategist Steve Bannon. Others to be allowed access were Fox News.

The ones banned included DailyMail.com, the BBC, the New York Times, Politico, and CNN - which hours earlier President Trump had called the Clinton News Network.

Spicer allowed in what is known as the White House 'pool', a rotation of reporters who report on behalf of all outlets, and then hand-picked who else he let in .

CBS was the news network that was assigned to represent all the major networks today as part of what is known at the television pool.

ABC, NBC and Fox News were all allowed in. So was One America News Network.

That left CNN banned. Other broadcasters from abroad also kept out, including BBC and Al Jazeera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4257770/WH-locks-certain-reporters-briefing.html

black dog

Free America
A few more times and maybe they learn to STFU and wait their turn. That's what happens when you act like a petulant children.

tommyjo

If I may ...

And yet the news still gets out. Only without being twisted to serve a narrative.

If I may...you should look up Mr. Spicer's comments on this very topic from just a few months ago.

Of course you won't as it will place a big bright shiny spotlight on your ignorance....oh hell...you won't so here it is:

We have a respect for the press when it comes to the government. That is something that you can’t ban an entity from. That’s what makes a democracy a democracy, versus a dictatorship.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/flashback-spicer-in-december-said-banning-press-was-a-dictatorship/ (I have no idea about the quality of this website...these are the same words that were replayed on tonight's news...he's on video making these comments...naturally your dumbass will claim he never made the comments and this is just fake news.)

Chris0nllyn

If I may ...

And yet the news still gets out. Only without being twisted to serve a narrative.

No, it just gets twisted into one you agree with.

This assumption that CNN or NBC are the only news outlet "twisting to serve a narrative" is ridiculous and nothing but partisan bull####.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This assumption that CNN or NBC are the only news outlet "twisting to serve a narrative" is ridiculous and nothing but partisan bull####.

You can't be serious. I've never found you to be...just thought I'd point it out again..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

naturally your dumbass

Again, I give zero f**ks about certain MSM media being left out from press conferences. If all the big MSM outlets were banned, that'd be fine too. Then the MSM can pay the little guys for the use of their copyrighted news stories.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

No, it just gets twisted into one you agree with. This assumption that CNN or NBC are the only news outlet "twisting to serve a narrative" is ridiculous and nothing but partisan bull####.

I believe you think I am a spoon fed news absorber. I don't believe any one news outlet and come to my own conclusions after reading from a variety of sources. I was just trying to articulate that even if some news outlets are banned, the news will still get out by those remaining, who ever they may be. But yes, those remaining might have a narrative to push as well. Hopefully one that sides with the people.