NAACP calls for boycott of North Carolina

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on Friday said it would not hold its convention in North Carolina and urged other organizations to boycott the state in protest of laws adopted by the Republican-led legislature.

The civil rights groups described the move as the first step in an economic boycott that could be expanded in North Carolina and replicated in other states that enact laws limiting voting rights and protections for gay and transgender people.

NAACP leaders asked artists, religious groups, educators and sports leagues to join the effort.

“If we demonstrate the power of the purse, then we will demonstrate the power of democracy,” the NAACP’s president and CEO, Cornell William Brooks, told reporters in Raleigh.

Brooks did not provide a timeline for a wider boycott, but the organization said an internal task force would explore it. "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/naacp-calls-for-boycott-of-north-carolina-over-voting-bathroom-laws/#.WLC7fizlevs.twitter

Hessian

My retirement state....already pay property taxes to my county that is Red,...and getting redder. Now if they could purge the rolls of all the stupid "seasonal" college kids, and dead/criminals...arrest & deport the thousands of illegals, we might see the state move even closer to sensible leadership.

I wonder if you need a photo ID to get into the NAACP convention? Huh, go figure.

Rommey

" The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on Friday said it would not hold its convention in North Carolina...
They weren't planning on holding it North Carolina, so its an idle threat.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Who cares...they don't spend any money there anyway. Can I go back to eating my chicken wings now?

:lol: And, don't forget the watermelon! Your point was made already, and you are right, they had no intention of going to NC. It is just a talking point that they sat around and talked about, and said, oh wait, let's act like we were going to NC when we had no intention. This is along the lines of all the BS protest crap. Obama, anyone?

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
The roads in North Carolina are bad, but North Carolina only cares about widening roads nobody uses in Eastern North Carolina so it's easier to get to the Outer Banks and the beaches on Carteret County.

The education system is a mess and they've only just started to do something about the teacher shortage -- after years of Republicans blaming Democrats instead of doing something about it.

The healthcare system is among the worst in the country. And, in a few areas of the state, among the most expensive in the country too.

North Carolina is the worst in the country when it comes to access to broadband internet.

People in Charlotte are pissed over the interstate project the former governor and former mayor put in place.

Other infrastructure projects and road construction projects are so far behind. One interstate expansion opened two years ago -- 35 years behind schedule.

Every year, Raleigh raises our taxes and comes up with new taxes on things, and we have nothing to show for it.

But, hey, let's keep worrying about who uses what bathroom. :rolleyes:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The roads in North Carolina are bad, but North Carolina only cares about widening roads nobody uses in Eastern North Carolina so it's easier to get to the Outer Banks and the beaches on Carteret County.

The education system is a mess and they've only just started to do something about the teacher shortage -- after years of Republicans blaming Democrats instead of doing something about it.

The healthcare system is among the worst in the country. And, in a few areas of the state, among the most expensive in the country too.

North Carolina is the worst in the country when it comes to access to broadband internet.

People in Charlotte are pissed over the interstate project the former governor and former mayor put in place.

Other infrastructure projects and road construction projects are so far behind. One interstate expansion opened two years ago -- 35 years behind schedule.

Every year, Raleigh raises our taxes and comes up with new taxes on things, and we have nothing to show for it.

s:

Every time a thread is about NC you go on this rant....just F'in move.......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gurps asked...are you asking rhetorically because you know better ?

I knew the answer ... I was checking if Hessian did

great ain't it ... NAACP holds a protest against Voter ID, requires ID to Protest

Congress Critters RAIL AGAINST Voter ID - you are required to show ID To get into Congressional Office Buildings to meet your Congress Critter