CSU tells students to call cops on immigration authorities

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CSU tells students to call cops on immigration authorities
Administrators at CSU and Cal Poly are urging students and faculty to contact campus police if government officials ask for information about immigration status.

After acknowledging that the evolving federal policy is “complex” and that “we do not have information indicating that stepped up enforcement will focus on our campuses,” White advises anyone “who is approached while on campus by federal, state or local officials asking for information or documentation regarding immigration status, to immediately contact the University Police Department,” which he says will act as a “liaison” while coordinating with the Office of the General Counsel “to provide guidance, references, and resources.”

CSU President Haynes singled out that section of the memo in a brief statement later that day, adding that while on campus, University Police can be reached by dialing 911 from any landline.

“I remain committed to our values and guiding principles as a University, which compel us to respect and model the diversity of our region within a context of social justice, to strive for educational equity, and to promote a fair and open environment for the exchange of ideas,” she concludes her message.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm pretty sure campus police do not override government officials. And I'm pretty sure colleges aren't above the law.

officeguy

I'm pretty sure campus police do not override government officials. And I'm pretty sure colleges aren't above the law.

Once the deportation activity ramps up, you'll see California arguing 'states rights' left and right.

And yes, federal law beats state law. Political posturing by college politicians.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Once the deportation activity ramps up, you'll see California arguing 'states rights' left and right.

Can we then call them racists who want to bring back slavery? I thought that was always their mantra: states rights as a euphemism for slavery?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn't it racist to tell the illegal immigrants to call the police, considering some of them might be black, and everyone knows police shoot black people who bother them?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Isn't it racist to tell the illegal immigrants to call the police, considering some of them might be black, and everyone knows police shoot black people who bother them?

Oh, what a tangled web they weave over there in California.

Give them enough rope... :lmao: