Shock and anger in India after fatal shooting at Kansas bar

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
The White House has said it would be "absurd" to link the shooting of two Indian men in Kansas to Donald Trump's rhetoric on immigration.

Srinivas Kuchibhotla, aged 32, died following the shooting in a crowded Kansas City bar, while Alok Madasani, also 32, was injured. Ian Grillot, a 24-year-old American who jumped to the defence of the two men, was also shot.

Witnesses told police the shooter shouted "get out of my country" before opening fire in Olathe.

Officers have charged 51-year-old Adam Purinton with murder and attempted murder following the incident on Wednesday.

The shooting has sparked outrage in India and diplomats have been sent to the United States to monitor the investigation.

Jaganmohan Reddy, father of Mr Madasani, said he thought it was a hate crime and claimed such incidents have increased after the recent political changes in the United States.

Relatives of Mr Kuchibhotla, an engineer, gathered at his home in Hyderabad to mourn his death. One of them, Venu Madhav, said it appeared a mindset was being cultivated "to hate Asians and Middle East people".

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-25/shock-in-india-after-fatal-shooting-at-kansas-bar/

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"In other news, 20 more young black men were killed nationwide last night by 20 other black young men, but there is no political gain to be had be either side in their death so, #### 'em. In sports...."

Hijinx

They should blame the media and the Democrats for keeping all of this crap stirred up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In other news, 135 cops were killed on duty in 2016. The Obama administration has said it would be "absurd" to link the killings to Obama's anti-cop rhetoric.

officeguy

In related news, in 2014, India saw 33,981 murders and 3,332 cases of culpable homicide (various degrees of what we would cause manslaughter). In the same year, 407 indian civilians and 161 members of police and security forces were victims of terrorism.

But yes, the bias motivated murder of Mr Khuchibotla is terrible and I hope the state of Kansas can give the ####### who did it the needle. Otoh, the perp doesn't look too healthy, I hope he dies a painful drawn-out death in prison.