Israelis Will Soon Be Mass Producing AK-47s for the U.S. Market

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" KIRYAT GAT, Israel—On a balmy Friday afternoon last fall outside Tel Aviv, at a high-end restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the individuals responsible for bringing one of the world’s best-known brands into the 21st century were seated enjoying the calamari salads and red wine. There was nothing about their outward appearances to suggest they were all veterans of elite Israeli commando units, nor that the brand in question was the venerable and lethal Kalashnikov assault rifle, better known by its initials: AK-47.

The principals were from Command Arms and Accessories (CAA), a local defense firm founded in 2008 that had, up until last year, a niche business making innovative accessories and other cutting-edge platforms for existing weapons. With official licensing from the original Russian manufacturer, they are now venturing into the gun business proper with what they’ve named the “Alfa” Kalashnikov—a weapon that combines Israeli design prowess and other modern amenities with the qualities that made the old model into a global phenomenon. It is, they claim, the world’s best assault rifle. And it’s coming to America. "

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/26/israelis-will-soon-be-mass-producing-ak-47s-for-the-u-s-market.html?via=twitter_page

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:yikes: That skeered me real bad.

I have a baseball bat that is lethal.

You don't understand. The AK-47 is more lethal than anything else except the AR-15. Makes what it hits more deader. Far more powerful than your Grandad's .30-06.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And of course, anyone with gun knowledge knows that the reason the AR-15 is more lethal than the AK-47 is because it's all black. "Mo' black..mo' badder"...it's basic gun terminology. Oh..because the AR magazine isn't as curved as those on the AK-47, the bullets don't get slowed down as much from having to go around a corner.

Chit like that.

SamSpade

:yikes: That skeered me real bad.

I have a baseball bat that is lethal.

Like this one ....

images

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I couldn't read the whole link because it kept assaulting my browser. What I want to know is how this makes America great again?

Robinson Arms, IIRC, made a fabulous AK clone right here in America until IIRC, they lost their licensing which is to say until the feds took it away. Again, that's IIRC.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And, FWIW, what do we prefer;

Some AK variant, any of them, or an AK 74 variant, or an HK 416? :popcorn:

I have had an RPH Clone ... nice shooter

if I was going to choose an AR it would be one with a Gas / Piston Rod Upper
... I spent to much time 84-88 cleaning carbon out of the locking lugs in my M-16A1, to ever want a direct impingement system again.