Ben Stein Destroys CNN & Defends Trump On-Air

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ben Stein Destroys CNN & Defends Trump On-Air - "The MSM Is An Unelected Aristocracy"

mAlice

professional daydreamer
[video=youtube;4ow5gtPOUhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ow5gtPOUhg[/video]

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I Hate Matt Lauer

but I have to give him credit for letting Bush answer the questions

[video=youtube;Z_JjDq01X0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JjDq01X0M[/video]

tommyjo

Ben Stein Destroys CNN & Defends Trump On-Air - "The MSM Is An Unelected Aristocracy

Another informed voter for whom English is a second language.

Mr. Stein did not call the "MSM Is An Unelected Aristocracy"...Mr Stein says that is the opinion of the crowd at the polarized events where he is a speaker.

According to Mr. Stein, Mr. Trump shouldn't go to the correspondents dinner because he would get hammered or slammed? That is basically the point of the evening. It is similar to a roast.

Poor Donald Trump...the bombastic, egotistic, megalomaniac who wants to fight everyone is getting picked on by the media...poor poor Donald. "Everything is negative"...shame on those bullies in the media for pointing out what Mr. Trumps says/tweets...shame on them for pointing out the inconsistencies and contradictions in Mr Trump's positions...shame on the media for pointing out that the President lied/withheld info from his VP...shame on the whole wide world for not "being fair" to our illustrious leader!!

Toxick

Splat
According to Mr. Stein, Mr. Trump shouldn't go to the correspondents dinner because he would get hammered or slammed? That is basically the point of the evening. It is similar to a roast.

Except that these dinners, and roasts in general, are ostensibly good-natured banter - if sometimes brutal.

You know as well as I do, that Trump would be verbally ass-raped at this thing, with out any hint of jolliness or banter. Just foam-flecked vitriol screeched for several uncomfortable hours.

SamSpade

Except that these dinners, and roasts in general, are ostensibly good-natured banter - if sometimes brutal.

You know as well as I do, that Trump would be verbally ass-raped at this thing, with out any hint of jolliness or banter. Just foam-flecked vitriol screeched for several uncomfortable hours.

Yeah, well, that - and the fact that I'm wondering why we still have it at all. It's been around a long time, but it really has turned into a nerd prom where people
show up to be seen. It's Oscar night for Washington, and more and more of it has to do with celebrities and Hollywood than journalism and raising money for scholarships.

Maybe if the President skipped a few, it might stand a better chance of going back to what it was supposed to be - a fundraiser.

I do think it's a shame he'll miss it, but the press's petulance over the matter is confirmation to me of their narcissism. As in, how dare the PRESIDENT not come to our dinner?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
According to Mr. Stein, Mr. Trump shouldn't go to the correspondents dinner because he would get hammered or slammed? That is basically the point of the evening. It is similar to a roast. !!

And many people during many different presidencies have felt it has had it's day, that the fun is gone.

Some say Trump ran because of this [video=youtube;Htt91G2qDwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htt91G2qDwM[/video]

Maybe Trump not going puts and end to a tradition that has gone bad? If you watch the thing, two things come into view, three really. 1, Trump's critiques of Obama were not personal, not about his skills or abilities. They were focused, squarely, on whether or not he's eligible and why he might not want his birth certificate to be seen. To re-state, Trump asked if he is qualified based on being born in the US and whether or not it might say his religion on the original.

2, Obama made it personal, deeply so.

3, the comments at the end could not resist implying skin color, rather than thickness, played a role.

This issue, the dinner, very well may be CENTRAL to who the leader of the free world is. And THAT is as broad and deep an indictment I can think of as to the net good of the thing. It's good it should go away. Public humiliation, severe public humiliation does not make for good governance. it is noteworthy how well Obama took his payback as well as how dignified Trump was in delivering it. It sure as hell explains the post mortem of the Obama years and how they, and the press, would be some emotionally motivated to try and pay back the pay back.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do think it's a shame he'll miss it, but the press's petulance over the matter is confirmation to me of their narcissism. As in, how dare the PRESIDENT not come to our dinner?

How DARE the President not come to this dinner so we can be ugly to him and call him filthy names!!!!

"Roasting" is supposed to be light hearted and fun. Now that the Left has turned it (along with everything else they touch) into a hatefest, I see no reason for Trump, or any serious person, to participate. Also, the dinner is supposed to be a scholarship fundraiser for budding journalists. Given the nastiness and political partisanship of not only these students, but the colleges they attend...yeah, to hell with them.

Hijinx

And many people during many different presidencies have felt it has had it's day, that the fun is gone.

Some say Trump ran because of this [video=youtube;Htt91G2qDwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htt91G2qDwM[/video]

Maybe Trump not going puts and end to a tradition that has gone bad? If you watch the thing, two things come into view, three really. 1, Trump's critiques of Obama were not personal, not about his skills or abilities. They were focused, squarely, on whether or not he's eligible and why he might not want his birth certificate to be seen. To re-state, Trump asked if he is qualified based on being born in the US and whether or not it might say his religion on the original.

2, Obama made it personal, deeply so.

3, the comments at the end could not resist implying skin color, rather than thickness, played a role.

This issue, the dinner, very well may be CENTRAL to who the leader of the free world is. And THAT is as broad and deep an indictment I can think of as to the net good of the thing. It's good it should go away. Public humiliation, severe public humiliation does not make for good governance. it is noteworthy how well Obama took his payback as well as how dignified Trump was in delivering it. It sure as hell explains the post mortem of the Obama years and how they, and the press, would be some emotionally motivated to try and pay back the pay back.

Trump made a good move. The press didn't give him a one day honeymoon in the WH they attacked him from day one.
Why should he give them an opportunity to lambast him at their party.?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Trump made a good move. The press didn't give him a one day honeymoon in the WH they attacked him from day one.

I wasn't clear, I suppose; I think it's GOOD Trump isn't going and I hope the thing collapses of it's own hubris.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The pre-attacked him before he spent one second in office, and attacked him relentlessly even before the election. Every single day they'd dig up some psycho who "endorsed" Trump, then DEMAND!!! that Trump spend days "renouncing" this person. And that was only one of their silly stunts. It was ridiculous then and it continues to be ridiculous. Every single day, it's ridiculous. I still can't get over Meatloaf-gate and how psychotically absurd that was - and that wasn't even stupid Politico and Buzzfeed blathering that crap; it was CBS, WashPo, NYT, and other supposed "legitimate" press.

The chit that passes for "news" with these people is just beyond asinine.