Ex-congregants reveal years of ungodly abuse

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" SPINDALE, N.C. (AP) — From all over the world, they flocked to this tiny town in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, lured by promises of inner peace and eternal life. What many found instead: years of terror — waged in the name of the Lord.

Congregants of the Word of Faith Fellowship were regularly punched, smacked, choked, slammed to the floor or thrown through walls in a violent form of deliverance meant to "purify" sinners by beating out devils, 43 former members told The Associated Press in separate, exclusive interviews.

Victims of the violence included pre-teens and toddlers — even crying babies, who were vigorously shaken, screamed at and sometimes smacked to banish demons.

"I saw so many people beaten over the years. Little kids punched in the face, called Satanists," said Katherine Fetachu, 27, who spent nearly 17 years in the church.

Word of Faith Fellowship, an evangelical church with hundreds of members in North Carolina and branches in other countries, also subjected members to a practice called "blasting" — an ear-piercing verbal onslaught often conducted in hours-long sessions meant to cast out devils. "

https://www.apnews.com/e9404784f9c6428a8d4382f5ada8f463/AP-Exclusive:-Ex-congregants-reveal-years-of-ungodly-abuse?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Hijinx

"I saw so many people beaten over the years. Little kids punched in the face, called Satanists," said Katherine Fetachu, 27, who spent nearly 17 years in the church.

How many times did this person have to go back before she made up her mind this was BS?
One time would have done it for me.

Lots of guilt ridden people looking for salvation I suppose.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
form of deliverance meant to "purify" sinners by beating out devils

ungodly huh ?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Leaving the faith.

In Islamic law, the death penalty is appropriate for two groups of crime:
Intentional murder: In these cases the victim's family is given the option as to whether or not to insist on a punishment of this severity
Fasad fil-ardh ('spreading mischief in the land'): Islam permits the death penalty for anyone who threatens to undermine authority or destabilise the state
What constitutes the crime of 'spreading mischief in the land' is open to interpretation, but the following crimes are usually included:
Treason/apostasy (when one leaves the faith and turns against it)
Terrorism
Piracy of any kind
Rape
Adultery
Homosexual activity