Bush 43 speak...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"We need an independent media to hold people like me to account," Bush told TODAY'S Matt Lauer.

"Power can be very addictive and it can be corrosive, and it’s important for the media to call to account people who abuse their power."

I...don't know what to say. I don't think I've ever heard a politician actively admit they abused their power.

Hijinx

I...don't know what to say. I don't think I've ever heard a politician actively admit they abused their power.

Bush should have stayed in Texas and kept his mouth shut, but His brother losing the nomination was just too much for him.
Too much for the whole family it seems.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Larry and I fought back and forth for a long time about Bush and the effect his policies had on this country. I've come largely to agree with him. I sometimes wonder if Bush is even aware of what he's done; that he not only is the reason Americans senselessly died, but is also the reason we got Obama; that he stabbed conservatives in the back. I've mostly moved on, because we can't change it now. But we do have to aware of who Bush was and what he did so we don't go down that path again. And I have YUUUUUGE worries that Trump will be more of the same in many regards.

This_person

Larry and I fought back and forth for a long time about Bush and the effect his policies had on this country. I've come largely to agree with him. I sometimes wonder if Bush is even aware of what he's done; that he not only is the reason Americans senselessly died, but is also the reason we got Obama; that he stabbed conservatives in the back. I've mostly moved on, because we can't change it now. But we do have to aware of who Bush was and what he did so we don't go down that path again. And I have YUUUUUGE worries that Trump will be more of the same in many regards.

Trump didn't campaign on conservative principles, for the most part. Trump campaigned on nationalism, Hope, and Change.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Trump didn't campaign on conservative principles, for the most part. Trump campaigned on nationalism, Hope, and Change.

• Lower taxes
  • Repeal Obamacare
  • Fair trade
  • Government hiring freeze
  • Pull back regulations that have strangled businesses
  • Energy independence
  • Stop illegal immigration

There's lots more. Those things look pretty conservative to me. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How so? I saw it as sour grapes. Trump insulted Jeb. The Bush family did what families do... defend their kin.

That's way too childish for me to accept as a reason. This family has been in politics their whole lives and Trump is not the first one to insult them. Hell, the Clintons insulted both Dubya and Bush Daddy quite vehemently, and Dubya loves them.

But honestly, this is another stupid thing the snarkpress is blowing out of proportion and manipulating. It's not like Bush came out and blasted Trump, or even directly criticized him. His comments were fairly mild. If you actually saw the Lauer interview, you might not even realize that Bush is criticizing Trump. Lauer fished hard for the rather vague answers he got in return.

So put your torches and pitchforks away, folks. It wasn't all that. I'm trying to find a complete video or at least a transcript, but here's another take on the interview:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...-trash-trump-political-division-media-attacks

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's way too childish for me to accept as a reason. This family has been in politics their whole lives and Trump is not the first one to insult them. Hell, the Clintons insulted both Dubya and Bush Daddy quite vehemently, and Dubya loves them.

But honestly, this is another stupid thing the snarkpress is blowing out of proportion and manipulating. It's not like Bush came out and blasted Trump, or even directly criticized him. His comments were fairly mild. If you actually saw the Lauer interview, you might not even realize that Bush is criticizing Trump. Lauer fished hard for the rather vague answers he got in return.

So put your torches and pitchforks away, folks. It wasn't all that. I'm trying to find a complete video or at least a transcript, but here's another take on the interview:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...-trash-trump-political-division-media-attacks

W has always been a very mild mannered person. It's one of the things I respected about him - his ability to stay silent once he was out of the White House; unlike Clinton and Carter. While he was POTUS, he allowed the incessant criticism slide off; he stayed silent about it. So, it's no surprise he came off as mild and measured. But the whole family became anti-Trump when Trump called Jeb out for W's failings. I don't think they were particularly quiet about their disdain for Trump - especially HW and Barbara.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
W has always been a very mild mannered person. It's one of the things I respected about him - his ability to stay silent once he was out of the White House; unlike Clinton and Carter. While he was POTUS, he allowed the incessant criticism slide off; he stayed silent about it. So, it's no surprise he came off as mild and measured. But the whole family became anti-Trump when Trump called Jeb out for W's failings. I don't think they were particularly quiet about their disdain for Trump - especially HW and Barbara.

Well, this particular interview is getting a lot of play as "Bush Slams Trump", and that is not even remotely close to the truth. It's more lies, more manipulation, more fake news. That they've all picked it up and spread the lie doesn't make it true. Unfortunately more people read headlines than watch Matt Lauer, so now the dumbmasses will believe that Bush did indeed slam Trump and react accordingly.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
W has always been a very mild mannered person. It's one of the things I respected about him - .

Mild mannered, or not mild mannered. Those are not principles. At least not ones that ought to matter a hill of beans in an executive. What are your principles? Limited gummint, humble foreign policy and trust the American people. What are your actions? TSA, DHS, two lost wars and the Pat Act.

TARP, GM bailout, No Child, Med D....

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, this particular interview is getting a lot of play as "Bush Slams Trump", and that is not even remotely close to the truth. It's more lies, more manipulation, more fake news. That they've all picked it up and spread the lie doesn't make it true. Unfortunately more people read headlines than watch Matt Lauer, so now the dumbmasses will believe that Bush did indeed slam Trump and react accordingly.

Well, I'm not saying Bush slammed Trump; but he certainly didn't have anything positive to say.

"Is the media the enemy of the people?" Bush disagreed with that.
"Should there be a special prosecutor into the Trump Russian thing?" Bush said we all need answers. I see this as a dance around to ......... yes.
"What do you think about Trump's Muslim ban?" Bush said people should be allowed to worship they way they want to. Another dance around to saying to saying he's against it.
"Are you for or against the ban?" Bush said he's for an immigration policy that's welcoming and upholds the law.
"What about Trump's American carnage comment at the inauguration?" The America I see is... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Typical politician never really giving an honest answer. But I can see where he is critical of Trump on nearly every level.

SamSpade

Well, I'm not saying Bush slammed Trump; but he certainly didn't have anything positive to say.

"Is the media the enemy of the people?" Bush disagreed with that.
"Should there be a special prosecutor into the Trump Russian thing?" Bush said we all need answers. I see this as a dance around to ......... yes.
"What do you think about Trump's Muslim ban?" Bush said people should be allowed to worship they way they want to. Another dance around to saying to saying he's against it.
"Are you for or against the ban?" Bush said he's for an immigration policy that's welcoming and upholds the law.
"What about Trump's American carnage comment at the inauguration?" The America I see is... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Typical politician never really giving an honest answer. But I can see where he is critical of Trump on nearly every level.

That's how I saw it - Bush giving the interviewer EXACTLY the critical responses he wanted without being blunt about it.