What Blame Do Parents Share For The Sudden Emergence Of Trans Kids?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Transgender status is a complex and odd bid for public attention, especially coming from children.

Camp Aranu’tiq, founded in 2009 for trans children by trans man Nick Teich, holds the customary sing-alongs around a camp fire. In its repertory are the lyrics of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way.” (“I’m beautiful in my way / ‘Cause God makes no mistakes.”)

It is a curious choice for a camp that exists because—in the creedal assertions of the transgender congregation—God does, indeed, make mistakes. He does not scruple to infuse a female psyche into the bodies of innocent boys, and appears progressively bent on blundering in the same capricious way with girls.

But are trans kids born this way—born with an innate mismatch between their chromosomal identity and their sense of themselves? Are they natural beings, their reality suppressed by the binary assumptions (“Male and female he created them”) of an ancient biblical culture that modern science struggles to release us from? Or are they the unconscious product of parental psychopathology in an anarchic culture that applauds the shattering of norms?

In short, do transgender children really exist? Or are they fabulous creatures, like the unicorn, conjured into existence by stage parents—predominately mothers?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
My theory on what is causing this epidemic is, in no particular order, GMO's, hormones, and vaccines.

glhs837

Power with Control
My theory on what is causing this epidemic is, in no particular order, GMO's, hormones, and vaccines.

You forgot the illuminati, GWB, and reality TV.

I think this is akin to the freak out over child care pedo abuse in the 80s.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
There's another tread around here where the subject is discussed.

I believe there is no epidemic IN the children. I believe there is an epidemic in the parents. They have serious undiagnosed and untreated pyschiatric issues.

h3mech

Transgender status is a complex and odd bid for public attention, especially coming from children.

Camp Aranu’tiq, founded in 2009 for trans children by trans man Nick Teich, holds the customary sing-alongs around a camp fire. In its repertory are the lyrics of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way.” (“I’m beautiful in my way / ‘Cause God makes no mistakes.”)

It is a curious choice for a camp that exists because—in the creedal assertions of the transgender congregation—God does, indeed, make mistakes. He does not scruple to infuse a female psyche into the bodies of innocent boys, and appears progressively bent on blundering in the same capricious way with girls.

But are trans kids born this way—born with an innate mismatch between their chromosomal identity and their sense of themselves? Are they natural beings, their reality suppressed by the binary assumptions (“Male and female he created them”) of an ancient biblical culture that modern science struggles to release us from? Or are they the unconscious product of parental psychopathology in an anarchic culture that applauds the shattering of norms?

In short, do transgender children really exist? Or are they fabulous creatures, like the unicorn, conjured into existence by stage parents—predominately mothers?

ok this is my thought, if you are going to get surgery to become a man or a women, then that fine, but to live your life as the other gender without surgery, then lets call it what it is you are a transvestite, like bruce jenner he will never have surgery so he is a transvestite. the article in this post the parents are dressing up there kids to what ever gender they want in the little household. let the hating begin

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's another tread around here where the subject is discussed.

I believe there is no epidemic IN the children. I believe there is an epidemic in the parents. They have serious undiagnosed and untreated pyschiatric issues.

^This^

It's the new in thing with the "me too" parent set. When my perfectly healthy kids were growing up I used to feel left out of the neighborhood klatches because the mommies would all sit around trying to one-up each other with how sick their children were. "Oh, little Prunella has a peanut allergy and we must be very very careful." "Our Bartholomew not only has a peanut allergy, but he's also ADHD." "That's nothing, Hermoine has peanut allergy, ADHD, AND asthma."

Mommy's new trump card:

"Hah! Our Jasper is trans! We call her Jasmine now. Top that, bitches! :diva:"

Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Blame for emergence of trans kids?

Is the point here that boys who act like girls and girls who act like boys don't, and never existed and, therefore parents are just making this stuff up? That's absurd. There has ALWAYS been what we now call kids with gender identification issues and we all know it. It takes 2 seconds to remember that odd boy or girl back in school. Further, we ARE talking about a very small number of people. What, 1% of us, maybe? 2%? That doesn't mean they aren't real.

Are parents to blame for gays coming out of the closet and into the main stream to unsettle our religion based beliefs of how Things Ought To Be? That' what this sounds like.

Men who like men, women who like women, men who like women but just barely. Men who are crazy about women. Same for girls and all points in between. It simply makes sense that there was, is and will be kids who, to varying degrees, behave outside their expected 'norm'. I guess the thing to do is, like homosexuality, WAY over react against it, giving it WAY more press than it might otherwise receive and then complain about why it's such a big deal After helping to make it one.

We, the people. :buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
Blame for emergence of trans kids?

Is the point here that boys who act like girls and girls who act like boys don't, and never existed and, therefore parents are just making this stuff up? That's absurd. There has ALWAYS been what we now call kids with gender identification issues and we all know it. It takes 2 seconds to remember that odd boy or girl back in school. Further, we ARE talking about a very small number of people. What, 1% of us, maybe? 2%? That doesn't mean they aren't real.

Are parents to blame for gays coming out of the closet and into the main stream to unsettle our religion based beliefs of how Things Ought To Be? That' what this sounds like.

Men who like men, women who like women, men who like women but just barely. Men who are crazy about women. Same for girls and all points in between. It simply makes sense that there was, is and will be kids who, to varying degrees, behave outside their expected 'norm'. I guess the thing to do is, like homosexuality, WAY over react against it, giving it WAY more press than it might otherwise receive and then complain about why it's such a big deal After helping to make it one.

We, the people. :buddies:

Not really talking about that, Larry. Talking about 5-8 year olds being identified as trans before they even get a chance to try their birth gender out with like hormones and stuff. Hell, I don't think people are fully grown til age 25, most people, some never get there. To think that any 5 year old can be nailed down as a certain gender is silly to me. "Little Jimmy put on a sundress, lets call her Jaimie and order up some hormones".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not really talking about that, Larry. Talking about 5-8 year olds being identified as trans before they even get a chance to try their birth gender out with like hormones and stuff. Hell, I don't think people are fully grown til age 25, most people, some never get there. To think that any 5 year old can be nailed down as a certain gender is silly to me. "Little Jimmy put on a sundress, lets call her Jaimie and order up some hormones".

My brother knew he was gay when he was 8. I know, first hand, he had non sexual, feminine interests before that. He liked furniture, the silver, girl stuff. :shrug:

I get the concern with rather radical stuff like medical procedures and so forth but all you're doing is arguing for YOUR comfort level as to when. I have my concerns but one of them is NOT that parents are making kids gay or trans. I was never gonna be anything but a filthy hetero pig with the fashion sense of a stick. My brother was never gonna be anything but a filthy gay pig with impeccable taste and style. Unless some church or shrink crammed him, for a time, into the wrong box until he snapped. :shrug:

terbear1225

I see it as very much the same as the "boom" in ADHD diagnosis. There have always been kids with it, but we have become more adept at recognizing and labeling it as such. Yes, there are SOME that over-diagnose/apply the label incorrectly for whatever reason but the majority of the "increase" is in simply not trying to force these kids to be something that they are not.

Wishbone

Cure for ADHD

leather-brown-belt-men-1.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I see it as very much the same as the "boom" in ADHD diagnosis. There have always been kids with it, but we have become more adept at recognizing and labeling it as such. Yes, there are SOME that over-diagnose/apply the label incorrectly for whatever reason but the majority of the "increase" is in simply not trying to force these kids to be something that they are not.

That may be partly the case, but I've personally seen women sit around and try to top each other with their kids' "illnesses".

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm a step-parent to a trans kid. It's really hard to say if it's nature or nurture. Probably a combination of both. :shrug: My trans kid is biologically female but presents herself/himself (whatever) as a male. The biological mother is a raging nutbag, so it doesn't surprise me that the kid would want nothing to do with being a female. It could also be the proliferation of trans communities and groups on the internet. Or it could also be hormonal or brain wiring. It doesn't really matter. That's the path he's chosen and we really don't care. It's really not that big of a deal, because we haven't made it a big deal. :bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My trans kid is biologically female but presents herself/himself (whatever) as a male.

But didn't we all know kids like that growing up? Boyish girls and girlish boys? There wasn't a label for it, and nobody cared (any more than packs of kids care about anything they want to be sh*theads about). Parents just let them be them and didn't make a big production out of it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
But didn't we all know kids like that growing up? Boyish girls and girlish boys? There wasn't a label for it, and nobody cared (any more than packs of kids care about anything they want to be sh*theads about). Parents just let them be them and didn't make a big production out of it.

Urgh, I posted a big long response and it did not post. :burning:

But, an abridged version is yes, we did, which is why I don't see what the big hub bub is about. I kind of think the whole thing is silly, but whatever floats your boat, so long as it harms no one else, do what you want. :shrug:

I actually get more anxiety over my son's obsession with tattoos than I do my step kid professing to be a boy. :lol: