Trump speech ‘will fool a lot of people’

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" HBO’s Bill Maher says President Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress will "fool" many Americans into thinking he is a "normal person."

“It’s teleprompter Trump,” Maher said late Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Hardball." "Every president, to a degree, talks out of two sides of their mouths, but this guy is on a level beyond what anybody has seen.”

“I think the bad thing is it will fool a lot of people,” the host of HBO’s “Real Time” continued. "[Trump might seem] like a fairly reasonable guy, too right-wing for me, but a normal person.”

Maher added Trump’s speech was a departure from the president’s typical behavior, which worries him.“The problem isn’t the policy,” he told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews via phone. "It’s the personality. This is what worries me and most Americans.

“You can’t have somebody who is diagnosable like this with the narcissism and all the rest of it and think that it is going to come out well for us. Somebody who sees things that aren’t there.” "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321747-bill-maher-trump-speech-will-fool-a-lot-of-people

somdwatch

It only fools the left because they are used to political liars and aren't bright enough to realized there's an honest person finally in charge.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ah yes. Bill Maher. I can't tell you how much respect I've always had for his political opinions.

What's it been like to watch the steady self-destruction of your beloved, boy?

Hijinx

It only fools the left because they are used to political liars and aren't bright enough to realized there's an honest person finally in charge.

What kind of fool would take political comment from Bill Maher?
His comments appeal to a small pathetic group of idiots.
He graduated from Cornell in English.
Does that really make him suited for political commentary?
He says what his liberal audience wants to hear.

This_person

It appears Trump's speech fooled some people - hell, they think he said stuff he never said. Jedi mind trick.

Wishbone

What kind of fool would take political comment from Bill Maher?
His comments appeal to a small pathetic group of idiots.
He graduated from Cornell in English.
Does that really make him suited for political commentary?
He says what his liberal audience wants to hear.

Entertainment only. No substance. No value.