So Kislyak was influencing who?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak Appeared As Obama White House Visitor At Least 22 Times

The visitor logs, which Obama made public in 2009 in a push for transparency, show that the long-time Russian ambassador to the United States visited the White House at least 22 times between 2009 and 2016.

Kislyak appeared in the logs as recently as September 2016 when he had a meeting scheduled with one of Obama’s senior advisers, John Holdren, in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. The other visitors listed at the meeting are Marina W. Gross, Alexander Ermolaev, Alexey Lopatin, Vyacheslav Balakirev and Sergey Sarazhinskiy. Though the appointment was scheduled to begin at 12:00 pm, it does not include an end time.

This_person

How many times did obama answer under oath that he never met with kislyak?
Because otherwise no one cares.

If you read the transcript between then-Sen Sessions and sadly now Sen Franken, it is very hard to suggest he lied under oath. He was asked if he, as a surrogate for the Trump campaign, met with Russians. It is not clear that he did that.

Now, I'm not a Senator, but I have a lot of meetings. I suspect I could easily forget a couple of meetings with people in my role of my job when asked if I met with folks from a different perspective/for a different reason.

:shrug:

This isn't like asking why a terrorist-sponsoring nation gave me a $1M birthday check, this is really a non-issue for the vast majority of us.

tommyjo

If you read the transcript between then-Sen Sessions and sadly now Sen Franken, it is very hard to suggest he lied under oath. He was asked if he, as a surrogate for the Trump campaign, met with Russians. It is not clear that he did that.

Now, I'm not a Senator, but I have a lot of meetings. I suspect I could easily forget a couple of meetings with people in my role of my job when asked if I met with folks from a different perspective/for a different reason.

:shrug:

This isn't like asking why a terrorist-sponsoring nation gave me a $1M birthday check, this is really a non-issue for the vast majority of us.

Jesus Christ...how efffing stupid are you people?

HERE IS THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED:

But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

That's it...that's the question...exactly as it was asked. Mr. Sessions WAS NOT ASKED IF HE WAS IN CONTACT WITH RUSSIANS...you freaking twit.

He was asked what he would do [B]AS ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES[/B] if he was presented with evidence that a campaign member had been in contact with Russians. He was, in case you have forgotten, applying for the job as ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES.

Mr. Sessions, who has been in the Senate for more than 2 decades and who served prior to that as Attorney General for Alabama and an Assistant United States Attorney. He's been a lawyer for over 40 years!!

This isn't the case of sum rube caught in the political spotlight of DC. He IS the political spotlight of DC.

His answer was easy. He was a member of the campaign...his answer should have been "I will recuse myself from any such investigation". Simple...so freaking easy...even idiots like you and the rest of the crew SHOULD understand.

But no he said: "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it,"

He was asked if he was a surrogate. He wasn't asked if he had been in communication with the Russians. He offered that he had not been in communication and he gave false testimony. Do you get it yet???

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He was asked what he would do [B]AS ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES[/B] if he was presented with evidence that a campaign member had been in contact with Russians. He was, in case you have forgotten, applying for the job as ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES.

But no he said: "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it,"

He was asked if he was a surrogate.

well then, there is NO Story, Sessions Never answered Kranken's Question .... there is NO Lie, there is NO Story

Midnightrider

well then, there is NO Story, Sessions Never answered Kranken's Question .... there is NO Lie, there is NO Story

God damn you are stupid. Sessions answer was untruthful regardless of the question. For instance, if I asked you why you are so stupid and you answered 'of course I voted in the last election', you would be lieing regardless of the fact that you hadn't actuality answered my question.

Kev_Russell

God damn you are stupid. Sessions answer was untruthful regardless of the question. For instance, if I asked you why you are so stupid and you answered 'of course I voted in the last election', you would be lieing regardless of the fact that you hadn't actuality answered my question.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
MR, Kevin Bacon and Tojo....what a closely knit team we are all blessed with. And we can't forget bongboy, of course... Oh, wait, sure we can.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Jesus Christ...how efffing stupid are you people?

VERY! We are VERY stupid. All of us................... STUPID. So stupid that it's pointless for you post these long-winded posts that all of us are too stupid to comprehend. Please stop wasting bits and bytes on us, people, who are too stupid to comprehend. Just simply post that we are stupid morons. That's really all we're going to get.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Just admit it GURPS, you're stupid. Too stupid to understand anything T0J0, LB, and MR posts. It's obvious their level of intellect is light years above us. Just simply admit to them that you are stupid and bow to their superiority and move on.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just admit it GURPS, you're stupid. Too stupid to understand anything T0J0, LB, and MR posts. It's obvious their level of intellect is light years above us. Just simply admit to them that you are stupid and bow to their superiority and move on.

I think we should send them back to their home planet. They certainly seem far too unhappy here.

SamSpade

Maybe you need to clarify what YOU think "lying" is. As I understand it, it is the willful telling of an untruth.
In your example, it would only be a lie if the statement "I voted in the last election" was itself a lie.

Answering "Good morning" is not a lie (unless the speaker really believes it's a BAD one, I suppose).
Answering "I don't remember" IS a lie if you DO remember.

I have to admit, when I first heard Franken's question, I wasn't too sure what he meant until I went back and read it.

My main thing about all of this is - we're twisting all around trying to find a "lie" when what we need to find out is what happened.
If he DID meet with the ambassador but all he said was "got a recipe for borscht?" I don't care how many lies come out - it's pointless.

Midnightrider

Maybe you need to clarify what YOU think "lying" is. As I understand it, it is the willful telling of an untruth.
In your example, it would only be a lie if the statement "I voted in the last election" was itself a lie.

Answering "Good morning" is not a lie (unless the speaker really believes it's a BAD one, I suppose).
Answering "I don't remember" IS a lie if you DO remember.

I have to admit, when I first heard Franken's question, I wasn't too sure what he meant until I went back and read it.

My main thing about all of this is - we're twisting all around trying to find a "lie" when what we need to find out is what happened.
If he DID meet with the ambassador but all he said was "got a recipe for borscht?" I don't care how many lies come out - it's pointless.

If you were paying attention you would know gurps did not vote in the last election so answering that he did would be a lie regardless of the question.

And again, franken's question was not about Sessions contact with the Russians. His question was fairly unrelated to sessions answer. But if we want to talk about context, franken's question was about what turned out to be Flynn lying about what he talked to the Russians about.

SamSpade

If you were paying attention you would know gurps did not vote in the last election so answering that he did would be a lie regardless of the question.

Sorry. I'm only on here a few days a week if that, and I don't read anything that goes way off topic.
But - irrelevant. A lie is a lie if it IS an untruth told with the intent to deceive.
Answering a different question isn't a lie unless it's untrue by itself.

And again, franken's question was not about Sessions contact with the Russians. His question was fairly unrelated to sessions answer. But if we want to talk about context, franken's question was about what turned out to be Flynn lying about what he talked to the Russians about.

Trying to parse that - what exactly DID Flynn lie about what he talked to the Russians about?

I guess what is baffling me is - if *EVERYTHING* were known and out in the open - would there actually be anyone guilty of a *crime*?
So far, everyone is going ape#### over if this statement or that statement is accurate or true - when what matters is, when the smoke clears - is there a crime at all?

Midnightrider

Sorry. I'm only on here a few days a week if that, and I don't read anything that goes way off topic.
But - irrelevant. A lie is a lie if it IS an untruth told with the intent to deceive.
Answering a different question isn't a lie unless it's untrue by itself.

Trying to parse that - what exactly DID Flynn lie about what he talked to the Russians about?

I guess what is baffling me is - if *EVERYTHING* were known and out in the open - would there actually be anyone guilty of a *crime*?
So far, everyone is going ape#### over if this statement or that statement is accurate or true - when what matters is, when the smoke clears - is there a crime at all?

It is untrue in and of itself to say that Sessions did not have communications with the Russians.

Flynn lied about discussing sanctions. It's pretty straightforward. Trump fired him for said lies.