Thread: Electronic Circuit Board repair

Electronic Circuit Board repair

I have a question for everyone. I have a Whirlpool dryer that has a bad control panel circuit board. I have replaced it once and the newer one is now going bad. The company that I purchased it from has suggested that I buy another one and send the recently purchased one for "warranty consideration". If it is determined to be under warranty and a manufacturer defect, I will get a refund. This part starts at $300 and goes up from there depending on where I buy it. My question is this, is there anyone in So Md that does circuit board diagnostics and repair ? Maybe someone that even does it as a hobby. Just a thought.

Thanks

Model number? I might have one here from when I tore our old one apart. Might not have it, I did take some stuff away, but let me know and I'll look.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    One of the techs that works for me does board-level troubleshooting and repair on the side. He has his own shop full of diagnostic equipment and even the special equipment required to remove and replace surface-mounted components. Shoot me a PM if you want and I can hook you up.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

CSM has electronics classes that may be able to help also.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Model number? I might have one here from when I tore our old one apart. Might not have it, I did take some stuff away, but let me know and I'll look.
    It's model #GEW9250PW0, part #WP8558756 or #8558756

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    One of the techs that works for me does board-level troubleshooting and repair on the side. He has his own shop full of diagnostic equipment and even the special equipment required to remove and replace surface-mounted components. Shoot me a PM if you want and I can hook you up.
    hey Gilligan, I sent you a pm, haven't heard from anyone. I'm still interested in finding someone to look at the circuit board if your tech is interested.

thanks

Members who have read this thread: 35