Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodi?

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    back in what day ?

I knew this guy ... he told me one time, he did not get cable tv for the longest time, because people thought - back then {1980's} the GOV. could listen in on conversations in the living room through the TV when it was turned off

I slowly backed away and left the room ....
    Sounds about like something you'd proffer. TODAY.

back in what day ?

I knew this guy ... he told me one time, he did not get cable tv for the longest time, because people thought - back then {1980's} the GOV. could listen in on conversations in the living room through the TV when it was turned off

I slowly backed away and left the room ....
    Right, but there's nothing to show that ever happened, while we know damn well they have subverted any system then can get their hands on. Which, I understand is part of what we pay them to do. To have as much capability as possible. What we don't pay them for, but apparently in some cases happens anyway, is that they gather and store information on millions of normal citizens. Do you doubt the truth of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Russell View Post
    Never mind security clearance and employment issues with this kind of stuff ... in what world is it OK to steal someone else's artistic output?
    It's not, and personally I did not and would not endorse that.
    "I aim to misbehave."

I believe that Amazon will send you a CD or link you to a video that shows you exactly how to install the Kodi program onto your Firestick/FireTV. They fully endorse it.

Whether or not that applies to the file sharing programs is debatable though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I believe that Amazon will send you a CD or link you to a video that shows you exactly how to install the Kodi program onto your Firestick/FireTV. They fully endorse it.

Whether or not that applies to the file sharing programs is debatable though....
    Right. It's not kodi that is the issue, it's theft of art that is the issue.

... in what world is it OK to steal someone else's artistic output?

Tv Shows are broadcast out over the airwaves .... given up for free
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Right. It's not kodi that is the issue, it's theft of art that is the issue.
    I look at this as just another way human nature will twist it into something that it was never meant to be...... like Facebook.

Facebook was designed to be a means to reach out to friends and connect and/or reconnect and share experiences. Now, it is used to play mindless games, stalk others, brag about what you got your kids for commercial "holidays," and voice your political opinion.

Human nature will eventually take over and twist it into something it was never meant to be.

Tv Shows are broadcast out over the airwaves .... given up for free
    That's not the way it works.

I look at this as just another way human nature will twist it into something that it was never meant to be...... like Facebook.

Facebook was designed to be a means to reach out to friends and connect and/or reconnect and share experiences. Now, it is used to play mindless games, stalk others, brag about what you got your kids for commercial "holidays," and voice your political opinion.

Human nature will eventually take over and twist it into something it was never meant to be.
    None of which has anything to do with stealing someone else's artistic output.

None of which has anything to do with stealing someone else's artistic output.
    It is the negative end result of something that was not intended that way. Remember Napster??

Was originally intended as a way to share music however, it was twisted into a way to steal and distribute free music content. Human nature again....

It is the negative end result of something that was not intended that way. Remember Napster??

Was originally intended as a way to share music however, it was twisted into a way to steal and distribute free music content. Human nature again....

I agree that human nature is what is. Your Facebook example doesn't really hold up because negative cultural impacts aren't the same as theft. Facebook's model isn't designed to make theft easy. You can't even post a video with music as a background if that music is copyrighted.

I certainly agree and understand that things like kodi or torrents have thousands of uses that have nothing to do with theft of property. Hell, because I travel so much, I keep all of my data encrypted and available over bit torrent and keep my devices clean of any data given the environment we live in. I'm not saying that these services shouldn't be allowed to exist, I'm just saying that one shouldn't steal.

Members who have read this thread: 65