Trump can declassify FISA order now

Kev_Russell

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/04...retapped-trump-can-declassify-that-right-now/

According to a report in the BBC, citing unnamed sources, a joint government task force was formed in spring of 2016 to look into an intelligence report from a foreign government that Russian money was somehow coming into the U.S. presidential race. In June the Department of Justice, part of the task force, asked the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court for a warrant to intercept electronic communications by two Russian banks (presumably involving communications with Americans, or else no warrant would be needed).

However, the BBC’s report says, the FISA court turned the application down, something it almost never does. The Justice Department then asked again in July with a more narrowly drawn request, which was again turned down. Justice then made a third request for a warrant on October 15, which was granted.

None of this involves wiretapping Trump Tower. However, it is possible that Trump picked that up from a Breitbart article that in turn relied on a Heat Street piece that claimed the warrant was issued because of evidence of links between a “private server in Donald Trump’s Trump Tower” and a Russian bank. In fact, the server in question, set up by a marketing company hired by Trump, was physically located in Philadelphia.

The most likely explanation is that there was never any wiretapping of Trump Tower – or as Trump put it in another tweet, “my phones” — but the FISA court did allow surveillance of the Philadelphia server and the Justice Department ultimately decided there was nothing to it.

Or perhaps the Justice Department decided there was something to it and is still investigating it.

Or perhaps there were FISA court warrants but for surveillance of people around Trump that had nothing to do with the Philadelphia server and the Russian bank.

Or perhaps Trump never read the Breitbart article but instead learned there was significant surveillance of Trump Tower in the way you’d expect a president would, from the massive intelligence apparatus he commands.

Or perhaps Trump has simply gotten all of this wrong.

So let's have it, little orange man. Declassify the order now and clear things up. If you have nothing to hide, you should have nothing to fear.

He also made a big mistake. Assuming the FISA order does exist, that means it was leaked by someone, the the mere presence of an order is supposed to be secret. By taking to the twitters while having his morning constitutional, he just made it so that no one can be prosecuted for the leak.

I wonder what you people see in this dummy. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What even is the "Intercept"? Isn't that the blog that got in trouble because one of their contributors made up a bunch of stories?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, but the boy and Bacon wii continue on.,,

I can't keep all these "news" bloggers straight. It seems like every other day some new lefty or righty blog gets cited as a "news source". How did that become a thing?

Kev_Russell

I can't keep all these "news" bloggers straight. It seems like every other day some new lefty or righty blog gets cited as a "news source". How did that become a thing?

You're standing up another strawman, as is your habit. The Intercept isn't a news source, nor does it pass itself off as one. If you possessed any reading comprehension at all, you'd understand this.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I am tired of the bs of it all. I made my mind up along time ago. I am a patriot, period. And, who cares what the any of the news sources/bloggers have to say, or the leftist trolls on this forum, and the leftists that are trying to take down our current president that is their worse nightmare. Oops, NWO just got stopped in their tracks. Americans have to pay attention and make the right choices; so to speak. Like I said, I am tired. Nite, nite.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're standing up another strawman, as is your habit. The Intercept isn't a news source, nor does it pass itself off as one. If you possessed any reading comprehension at all, you'd understand this.

So you know that Intercept isn't a news source, yet you cited them as one anyway?

Brilliant!

Chris0nllyn

What even is the "Intercept"? Isn't that the blog that got in trouble because one of their contributors made up a bunch of stories?

I wouldn't call it a "blog" (but to each their own I guess). They tend to focus on issues such as NSA extrajudicial killings, warrantless spying on Americans, Snowden, etc. Basically things no one gave a #### about until Trump started whining about it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Trump absolutely can declassify the FISA warrant, and should. If there is any legitimacy to Trump's, it should be easy to prove it; and that happens by him opening up the FISA warrant to the public. This will also show who requested the warrant. If any of you Trump supporters want the truth, you should demand this. I don't take Trump's word at this any more than I would take Obama's word.

If ever there was a chance to completely destroy this whole Russia nonsense, this would be it.

Midnightrider

Trump absolutely can declassify the FISA warrant, and should. If there is any legitimacy to Trump's, it should be easy to prove it; and that happens by him opening up the FISA warrant to the public. This will also show who requested the warrant. If any of you Trump supporters want the truth, you should demand this. I don't take Trump's word at this any more than I would take Obama's word.

If ever there was a chance to completely destroy this whole Russia nonsense, this would be it.

Watch the video.....
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ies-trump-wiretap-assertion/story?id=45911282

She basically says trump got his info from breitbart.

“All we’re saying is let’s take a closer look. Let’s look into this. If this happened, if this is accurate, this is the biggest overreach and the biggest scandal,” White House principal deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee said on ABC’s “This Week” Sunday.

“If, if, if, if....,” pressed “This Week” co-anchor Martha Raddatz, “Why is the president saying it did happen?”

“Look, I think he's going off of information that he's seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential,” Huckabee Sanders responded. “I think he’s made very clear what he believes, and he’s asking that we get down to the bottom of this, get the truth here.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“If, if, if, if....,” pressed “This Week” co-anchor Martha Raddatz, “Why is the president saying it did happen?”

The correct response to that is, "Maybe for the same reason you people are saying that Trump IS colluding with the Russians and Putin DID influence the election results, when no such proof exists and the evidence is shaky at best."

Kev_Russell

Trump absolutely can declassify the FISA warrant, and should.

Makes one wonder why he hasn't done so yet, doesn't it?

Seems like a perfect opportunity to put it to rest as well as bolster his case that the media is unfair and out to get him. Should be a win-win from Trump's perspective. But my guess is that he knows what the FISA warrant will reveal.

Midnightrider

The correct response to that is, "Maybe for the same reason you people are saying that Trump IS colluding with the Russians and Putin DID influence the election results, when no such proof exists and the evidence is shaky at best."

Spin baby spin.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Watch the video.....
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ies-trump-wiretap-assertion/story?id=45911282

She basically says trump got his info from breitbart.

Where? Raddazt brought up Breitbart. I didn't see Huckabee confirm this at all. The only thing I really got out of this was Raddazt, in her typical leftist fashion, was very combative with Huckabee; especially as compared to her interview with Earnest.

Let me be as clear as I can; I don't have a clue where Trump got his info; none of us do. Trump has categorically stated he was tapped by Obama during the election. We all should demand evidence of this. I am not going to just believe it just because the president said it in a tweet. We had 8 years of being lied to, and I am fed up with being lied to by the government that works of US - WE THE PEOPLE. Trump was transparent enough to come out with this tapping stuff; he should have the same transparency to show us the goods. Otherwise, he's just as bad as Obama.