St. Mary's college of maryland closed off

3CATSAILOR

I just drove through the College by using Route 5. All of the entrances to the College are closed off either by police or College vehicles. I then cut across Matapany Road. Every College road, (every entrance, etc) is closed. Quite a few police all over the College. This is unusual since the police normally stay away from the College. I strongly suggest that everyone should stay away from St. Mary's College until whatever is going on is cleared. I hope everyone is okay.

3CATSAILOR

If I may ...

Are the snowflakes having a temper tantrum?
Yeah, that was the first thing that came to my mind. One of their past Security Directors told me that SMCM has a bunch of kids that have various mental problems. So, nothing surprises me. I never did hear what happened to the students that destroyed the Post Office flag. Federal property, but it seems it was all hushed up.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, that was the first thing that came to my mind. One of their past Security Directors told me that SMCM has a bunch of kids that have various mental problems. So, nothing surprises me. I never did hear what happened to the students that destroyed the Post Office flag. Federal property, but it seems it was all hushed up.

Probably got an award of some kind. given the colleges general attitude.

punjabigyrl

Actually, the college was having an event called Mardigreens. Basically a huge MardiGra party. In the past local tricounty residence who were not students would attend the party and the college would endup having to deal with assualts, fights etc. So this year they decided to block all enterances and let students go in.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Actually, the college was having an event called Mardigreens. Basically a huge MardiGra party. In the past local tricounty residence who were not students would attend the party and the college would endup having to deal with assualts, fights etc. So this year they decided to block all enterances and let students go in.

The locals just want to toss beads........and i know of no records of assaults, fights, etc.......the snowflakes just wanted to have their own party on public property

itsbob

I bowl overhand

MardiGreens?? More naked Co-eds before MayDay??

Not that I'd be interested...

glhs837

Power with Control
MardiGreens?? More naked Co-eds before MayDay??

Not that I'd be interested...

Well, none for you, since they closed it off. Wonder how that affected the incidence of bad stuff happening. Also wonder if other public colleges use police to block off the campus so a drinking party can take place........

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Well, none for you, since they closed it off. Wonder how that affected the incidence of bad stuff happening. Also wonder if other public colleges use police to block off the campus so a drinking party can take place........

Actually, normally we would have been on campus, locked on campus I guess?

There was a swim meet there this week-end and normally BG and I do the concessions.. but not this weekend. We should have been there.

Hell, we used to be on campus more than we were at our own house.

3CATSAILOR

This doesn't add up. I am not sure why the Sheriff's Office would tie up several police units on "assumptions" that something would happen. For example, I know of several County bars that have a much higher possibility of criminal behavior than something that may or may not occur at SMCM. Would be then station police outside of these bars? No, we wouldn't But, I have no doubt the Sheriff's Office did a good job balancing any other calls they may have had during whatever event the College may have had. Our Sheriff's Office is an outstanding professional Police Department.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
They might have been working event OT, paid for by the College. That happens a lot with all three Counties. Those Deputies you see at the Marine Museum for concerts? All on privately paid, by the Museum, OT. Around $30/hour.

glhs837

Power with Control
They might have been working event OT, paid for by the College. That happens a lot with all three Counties. Those Deputies you see at the Marine Museum for concerts? All on privately paid, by the Museum, OT. Around $30/hour.

Yeah, but the Marine Museum concerts are a private event funded by the promoter. Are the college kids funding the OT, or are our tax dollars?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Look up the word home dumbass

You're still wrong...

home
hōm/
noun
the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.
"I was nineteen when I left home and went to college"
synonyms: residence, place of residence, house, apartment, flat, bungalow, cottage; More
an institution for people needing professional care or supervision.
"an old people's home"
synonyms: institution, nursing home, retirement home, rest home; More
adjective