Maryland Summit on Energy Democracy and Affordability

coordinatorMEDA

Dear friends of the Environment, Green Living, and Alternative Energy:

My name is Lyn Griffith Taylor, coordinator of Marylanders for Energy Democracy and Affordability (MEDA). MEDA is a network representing low-income consumer advocates, climate action, community solar, and green jobs organizations united in promoting clean energy, social justice, energy affordability, economic equity, and climate resilience in Maryland. Network members include the Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN), Fuel Fund (Maryland), Maryland SUN, the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research, Earthjustice, and the Sierra Club (Maryland).

I believe that you naturally share many of MEDA’s goals: the promotion of clean, renewable energy that will justly serve the needs of Maryland’s society and economy without harming the environment. I would like to invite you to attend our upcoming event, the Maryland Summit on Energy Democracy and Affordability, which will gather advocates, policymakers, and experts from across Maryland to discuss opportunities and strategies to advance these goals.

Maryland Summit on Energy Democracy and Affordability
Friday, 24 March 2017
St. John's College - Francis Scott Key Auditorium
60 College Avenue, Annapolis, MD
8:30 AM-3:00PM
Registration is FREE, and includes lunch! (www.mdenergyforall.org/summit)

A follow-up to last year’s Grid of the Future Summit, this year we turn attention to the modernization of Maryland's electric grid that is currently being considered by the Public Service Commission. This is an opportunity to transform energy from a necessary burden in people’s lives into an engine of equity, prosperity, health, and empowerment. How can Maryland’s policymakers, regulators, decision-makers and residents work together to leverage this moment of transformation and achieve a just, prosperous, environmentally-friendly energy future?

We would be delighted if you would attend the 2017 Summit! We expect that, just like last year’s convening, it will be a great way to connect with policymakers, activists, and other local organizations to support current efforts and identify clear paths forward. Join us for a day of local and out-of-state perspectives, expert panels, and roundtable discussions focused on how Maryland’s Grid of the Future can facilitate energy affordability, increased efficiency, resilience, climate and environmental protection, as well as public health and welfare.

Please feel free to reply to this email with any questions, comments, or simply for more information. Additionally, information on this event, Energy Democracy, and other related topics can be found on MEDA’s website.

I really hope that you will join us on March 24th. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!