Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozark Trail insulated mug, how good?

Ozark Trail insulated mug, how good?

So, left house by St Marys College about 710AM, coffee measured 150 F by the IR thermometer. 7 miles and 15 minutes later, a good bit of it at or over 60mph on RT 5 in the steel cupholder attached to the handlebars, out in the wind, here at the office that coffee measured 135 F. Not bad performance at all.
    "I aim to misbehave."

They are amazing at keeping beverages cold too!

I filled my 32 oz tumbler with ice one morning to take to work and didn't have a chance to fill it with water that day. So I ended up taking it back home and setting it on the counter. I didn't pick it back up until the following afternoon - about 32 hours after initially filling it with ice - and there was still a clump of ice in it along with the residual water from what had melted.

There are a number of Youtube videos comparing them to R-Tic and Yeti. Dollar for dollar they are the best. They are very close to the competitors in every test and 1/2 the price! Very rugged too. Mine has fallen out of a treestand, been left on the bedrail of my truck as I drove off, and been dropped a thousand times. I just noticed the other day that Wally World also has replacement lids for them.
    I demand rights for left-handed people!

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    There are a number of Youtube videos comparing them to R-Tic and Yeti. Dollar for dollar they are the best. They are very close to the competitors in every test and 1/2 the price! Very rugged too. Mine has fallen out of a treestand, been left on the bedrail of my truck as I drove off, and been dropped a thousand times. I just noticed the other day that Wally World also has replacement lids for them.
    I just wish they actually had a lid that sealed. Even a simple plug woulf do, no fancy slider needed. Bumps on the bike, even with it filled about two inches down from the lid, came results in some splashout.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Compared to the $20 thermos??
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I just wish they actually had a lid that sealed. Even a simple plug woulf do, no fancy slider needed. Bumps on the bike, even with it filled about two inches down from the lid, came results in some splashout.
    This is what I use. Air and water tight.

I ride the bike in I throw it into my sidebag and I get to work and no spillage, and still HOT..

I travel with the same mug and fill it in the AM at the hotel, throw it into my backpack and it's hot wherever I end up at for the day.

I now have four (would be five but left one in San Diego), and one specifically for travel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thermos lid.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	117496  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Available at Wally World and Amazon.

Available at Wally World and Amazon.
    You mean lids that seal for this item?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...bler/171452737

Bob, yeah, not sure I'm ready to spend $20 on a cup. But looking it over, I just might. I'll take a close look, I saw those but didnt know they sealed tight.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Name:  shopping (1).jpg
Views: 126
Size:  7.3 KB

I've never had that problem before myself, my Pan didn't come with a cupholder.
    And if it did, I couldn't shift if my left hand was drinking a coffee.
    What you got there is a " real world problem "
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Yepper. They also sell a handle that slides on the tumbler. Very handy.

Members who have read this thread: 61