Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozark Trail insulated mug, how good?

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Name:  shopping (1).jpg
Views: 125
Size:  7.3 KB

I've never had that problem before myself, my Pan didn't come with a cupholder.
    And if it did, I couldn't shift if my left hand was drinking a coffee.
    What you got there is a " real world problem "
    So, given that well over 95% of my riding is commuting, and that the regular coffee at the office is pretty bad, so bringing good coffee from home beats the hell out of paying $3.00 every morning at the franchise Starbucks. And no, I dont drink while riding and the Vstrom didnt come with a cupholder, I had to add one from the bike section at Wal Mart :)

Well I have imbibed a beverage a couple of times. When it's +90 f out, and I stopped in to get a frozen drink from Dunkin, I have flipped open the modular helmet and taken a sip or two at a red light. The below is not my motorcycle, although, oddly enough since this is from a Lanesplitter articel written a month or two back, features what was my very first ride back in 83, a 1981 GS450E.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dunkin on bike.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	117499
    "I aim to misbehave."

My first new ride was a 1971 Rupp Black Widow, kick starter, dellorto carb, torque converter and a strait pipe. It was the schizzle for a 11 year old.
    Thanks Grandpa, I miss you. You were the best.
    On to a bunch of Honda Elsinors and a YX 360 a few Limey's and then nothing but American V twins since. It would be hard to drink wearing that old Bell Tourstar anyway.
    But I would like to take a cruise on a new BMW and a Moto tourer. It would feel odd to actually see what's going on behind me in the rear view mirror.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Well, my current ride is a V-twin.....but a Suzuki, not a lot of gadgets like modern BMWs, but it does have ABS, which I do like, and fuel injections a nice touch. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vstrom.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	117501

Back around 2010, this was about as close to the UJM upright riding position as you could get. I do have to say, the laid back position of cruisers has never appealed to me, the Scout 60 has really caught my eye.
    "I aim to misbehave."

American V Twins to me are Shovel and Pan heads.

Last edited by black dog; 03-06-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

You can make a high dollar cup out of a $10 find

If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 61