Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ozark Trail insulated mug, how good?

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Name:  shopping (1).jpg
Views: 190
Size:  7.3 KB

I've never had that problem before myself, my Pan didn't come with a cupholder.
    And if it did, I couldn't shift if my left hand was drinking a coffee.
    What you got there is a " real world problem "
    So, given that well over 95% of my riding is commuting, and that the regular coffee at the office is pretty bad, so bringing good coffee from home beats the hell out of paying $3.00 every morning at the franchise Starbucks. And no, I dont drink while riding and the Vstrom didnt come with a cupholder, I had to add one from the bike section at Wal Mart :)

Well I have imbibed a beverage a couple of times. When it's +90 f out, and I stopped in to get a frozen drink from Dunkin, I have flipped open the modular helmet and taken a sip or two at a red light. The below is not my motorcycle, although, oddly enough since this is from a Lanesplitter articel written a month or two back, features what was my very first ride back in 83, a 1981 GS450E.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dunkin on bike.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	117499
    "I aim to misbehave."

My first new ride was a 1971 Rupp Black Widow, kick starter, dellorto carb, torque converter and a strait pipe. It was the schizzle for a 11 year old.
    Thanks Grandpa, I miss you. You were the best.
    On to a bunch of Honda Elsinors and a YX 360 a few Limey's and then nothing but American V twins since. It would be hard to drink wearing that old Bell Tourstar anyway.
    But I would like to take a cruise on a new BMW and a Moto tourer. It would feel odd to actually see what's going on behind me in the rear view mirror.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Well, my current ride is a V-twin.....but a Suzuki, not a lot of gadgets like modern BMWs, but it does have ABS, which I do like, and fuel injections a nice touch. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vstrom.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	117501

Back around 2010, this was about as close to the UJM upright riding position as you could get. I do have to say, the laid back position of cruisers has never appealed to me, the Scout 60 has really caught my eye.
    "I aim to misbehave."

American V Twins to me are Shovel and Pan heads.

Last edited by black dog; 03-06-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

You can make a high dollar cup out of a $10 find

If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    Available at Wally World and Amazon.
    Finally found one. Been looking at our local Wally since then. Was at the Winchester VA Wally world. Worked good this AM.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    Available at Wally World and Amazon.

Darn it, that's even better than the one I have........
    "I aim to misbehave."

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    This is what I use. Air and water tight.

I ride the bike in I throw it into my sidebag and I get to work and no spillage, and still HOT..

I travel with the same mug and fill it in the AM at the hotel, throw it into my backpack and it's hot wherever I end up at for the day.

I now have four (would be five but left one in San Diego), and one specifically for travel.
    Hubby had the red one. He loved it except about a month in the red paint started to chip off the mug. It doesn't effect the performance but a pain to clean out of the sponge, the dishwasher or off clothing.

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Hubby bought the Ozark coffee mug and we each got the coozie. Has anyone tried those?

Members who have read this thread: 66