Crime Dangerous Hombre Nabbed in Calvert

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
This just in...

On March 06, 2017 at 2:30pm units from the Calvert County Sheriff's Office Crime Suppression Team attempted to stop a black Crown Vic on Dorsey Road in Prince Frederick for several equipment violations. The vehicle did not immediately stop, but instead continued to a driveway further down Dorsey Road. The driver, identified as Robert Paul Holland of Prince Frederick, was observed reaching in other areas of the vehicle. A K-9 scan of the vehicle produced a positive alert indicating the odor of a controlled dangerous substance. A further search of the vehicle revealed the following:

1. Black collapsible ASP style baton

2. Empty 30 round .223 caliber magazine

3. Red and blue police style light on the sun visor

4. Dash camera video recorder

5. Police style flashing light for the rear window

6. Panasonic CF30 Toughbook

7. Binoculars

8. Speed loader pouch

9. .223 caliber magazine with 17 rounds loaded (trunk)

10. AR-15 style stock (trunk)

11. Black rubber gloves

It was learned that Mr. Holland was prohibited from possessing any firearms or any ammunition. Mr. Holland was arrested for possession of a dangerous weapon (ASP baton), and possession of ammunition by a prohibited person. Based on information learned during the investigation a search warrant was obtained for Mr. Holland's residence on Macs Hollow Road, Prince Frederick. On March 07 at 12:30am, a search warrant was conducted by members of the Criminal Investigative Bureau and the Special Operations Team. Several items were seized during the search warrant, including a stolen Smith and Wesson AR-15 Rifle. Based on evidence seized at the residence, Mr. Holland was also charged with being in possession of a stolen firearm.

A further investigation is still being conducted into the police style equipment located in the vehicle and at the residence. At this time there are no reports of any citizen encounters with police impersonators. Sheriff Mike Evans would like to remind all citizens to be aware of police impersonators and to contact the Calvert County Sheriff's Office should they have any suspicious encounters. Sheriff Mike Evans added, "The arrest of this individual is the result of a collective effort between patrol, special operations, and investigative personnel."

Anyone with any further information is urged to contact Det. Hawkins at 410-535-1600 Ext. 2456.

Attachments

• r.-holland-pic.jpg
    r.-holland-pic.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 389
  • vest-and-ar.jpg
    vest-and-ar.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 268

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
My client merely found these items and was returning them to the police when he was stopped. Cheech Marin Esq.

Wishbone

First charge to be plea bargained away will be the firearms violations.

Maryland only worries about citizens possessing firearms, not criminals.

Restitution

This guy even went to the length of getting the Toughbook?

Hopefully, he knows that most LEO use those for web surfing 90% of the time. Every time I pull up next to a LEO with one of those it has a web page up :lmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member
This guy even went to the length of getting the Toughbook?

Hopefully, he knows that most LEO use those for web surfing 90% of the time. Every time I pull up next to a LEO with one of those it has a web page up :lmao:

It's a good thing police officers are trained to properly surf the web and talk on cell phones while driving huh?

DannyMotorcycle

They're illegal to carry concealed but you can carry them openly without criminal intent..

"(c) (1) A person may not wear or carry a dangerous weapon of any kind concealed on or about the person.
(2) A person may not wear or carry a dangerous weapon, chemical mace, pepper mace, or a tear gas device openly with the intent or purpose of injuring an individual in an unlawful manner."

DannyMotorcycle

So i just reviewed the MD case search... His one assault was a nolle prosq. and a stet docket for destruction of property
and theft less than $100. and a few traffic incidents many of the charges were the same day...

I would hardly call him a piece of crap... what is interesting though is... Why was he prevented from having a firearm
if he doesn't have any felonies? Unless he was deemed to be mental at some point?

I kind of reserve my "piece of crap" judgments for those who actually harm people... and otherwise violate people like burglaries
and such... defrauders/scammers... etc.. I'm not saying he isn't a piece of crap, I don't know him.. i'm just saying from the court records, I wouldn't label him as such.. For the record I'm not some brainless lefty.. I believe in capital punishment for rapists and murderers, and those who are extremely viciously violent, like attempted murderers.... oh and those who commit treason.. (voter fraud is treason if you ask me LOL).. so uhmm.. yea.. whatever lol