Left the base for a different job, do I have to turn in my Cat card?

zar

Theist
My managers never requested I turn it in, also I was suppose to continue working in some small capacity but that fell through. Was wondering if I have to turn it in (Doesn't expire for years) or If it's still valid. I'm apart of rec baseball teams that practice on base and need to make appropriate arrangements to carpool if I cannot use the pass.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's a government issued card. It should have been collected when you checked out.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If you don't turn it in, it will be noted in your permanent record.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Thanks for the clarity, I will see that it is returned to the appropriate offices.

There should be some kind of automatic deactivation for former authorized users once they leave govt employment. Unless that app was hacked.....

Homer J

Power Chord
My managers never requested I turn it in, also I was suppose to continue working in some small capacity but that fell through. Was wondering if I have to turn it in (Doesn't expire for years) or If it's still valid. I'm apart of rec baseball teams that practice on base and need to make appropriate arrangements to carpool if I cannot use the pass.

No, but you should turn in your CAC. Common Access Card.

These are Cat cards.

CAT Card.jpg

SoMDGirl42

It's not going to do you any good anyway if the guards scan it at the gate with the portable scanners they use. The trusted agent has probably revoked it since you no longer work for that entity. You'd probably have a bigger problem on your hands trying to get onto the installation without proper authority. Turn it into the CAC office immediately.

3CATSAILOR

No. However, it is a DOD card. However, you will have to get it renewed at your new base on your expiration date located at the top right of your card.