Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragedy/bullying in Schools

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Problem boys can get sent to Cheltenham, it's just behind the Veterans Cemetery on 301.
    We had problems with our son being bullied in Elementary School by another boy, the problem was his single mom of three kids worked for the school system and there was not alot they would do about the constantly repeating problem.
    I started taking my son to Steve Tolsons Karate, it took about a year or so and my son finely got tired of being pushed, shoved and triped in the hallways at school.
    It was over in a few quick seconds.
    Next was in early HS, same bull$hit different bully, my kid twisted him up in the cafeteria after weeks of being hassled.
    Both times warranted a meeting with the school principal and that was about it.
    The zero tolerance bull$hit doesn't always mean zero tolerance. Both times threats were made to expell my kid. We worked it out quickly when the school found out I had everything documented.
    I highly recommend Steve Tolsons Okinawan Karate. 10 or 11 years now and still money well spent.

Like I said, Post # 4
    Your reading skills are poor and need improvement. Did you all not have RIF in school as a kid... You know Reading is fundamental.
    Thanks for playing Clem.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

2. 03-08-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Why don't you quit picking on me you big meanie. Maybe you can send your bully son to come kick some sense into me.
    I believe your being delusional Clem on who is picking on who here.
    Again, Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    You expel a middle schooler the law requires that they go to school..

Where do they go to school now.. at what expense??
    Where I went to school the only kids who went to the Catholic school were the ones kicked out of the public school system. Their parents footed the bill, however it wasn't nearly as expensive as a private school is here.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Usually the most effective way is to beat the hell out of the parent, tell them if it doesn't stop they will get another one. Most will take care of their kid after that.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Back when I was in elementary school it was still okay for schools to paddle as punishment. Nowadays it is considered assault for a teacher to grab a student by the arm.

The problem is that teachers AND the rest of the administration in each school no longer have authority to nip situations in the bud. Students know this and use it to their advantage.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Usually the most effective way is to beat the hell out of the parent, tell them if it doesn't stop they will get another one. Most will take care of their kid after that.
    Uncle Wayne is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Back in the day, if a kid was bullied and decided to fight back... parents would be called into the office and it would be discussed and handled. Now, police are involved, lawyers can get involved, and snowflakes are damaged.
    I was getting seriously bullied in 4th grade (mid 70s) by a held-back kid twice my size. Happened for months. My dad told me I needed let him have it once and he'd let up. I wailed "are you trying to get me KILLED?" But he was serious, and I finally took his advice one day. Promptly got suspended for three days for breaking the no-fighting rule (where were the teachers for months?!), but I was never bothered again by any of the kids. Worth every second of those three days.

I do have to wonder how it would go down now. Probably about the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    But maybe I just grew up in a tougher area, and the sissified bullies you talk about that run away at the first sign of resistance are really the majority. I doubt it though.
    You bring up a good point. My school had sissified bullies who picked on weaker kids because they could and wouldn't dare take on their equal. A good shot in the head usually settled them down. But hardcore bullies won't hesitate to #### you up, or even kill you.

Kwillia brought up a point that I was trying to avoid but there it is. The black kids are many times the tormentors, and nothing happens to them because RACISM!!! If the bullying allegations are true, the parents of this kid who killed himself need to get a good lawyer and press charges against the school for allowing this to happen. They bust back some kid who writes a violent short story in creative writing class, but then let some psychotic kid run rampant because he's black and they are "racially sensitive".

They need to knock that crap off and treat everyone equal, regardless of race, and the only way they'll do it is if parents put pressure on them and hit them where it hurts - the budget. They go on and on about "zero tolerance" but clearly they do not know what that means.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You bring up a good point. My school had sissified bullies who picked on weaker kids because they could and wouldn't dare take on their equal. A good shot in the head usually settled them down. But hardcore bullies won't hesitate to #### you up, or even kill you.

Kwillia brought up a point that I was trying to avoid but there it is. The black kids are many times the tormentors, and nothing happens to them because RACISM!!! If the bullying allegations are true, the parents of this kid who killed himself need to get a good lawyer and press charges against the school for allowing this to happen. They bust back some kid who writes a violent short story in creative writing class, but then let some psychotic kid run rampant because he's black and they are "racially sensitive".

They need to knock that crap off and treat everyone equal, regardless of race, and the only way they'll do it is if parents put pressure on them and hit them where it hurts - the budget. They go on and on about "zero tolerance" but clearly they do not know what that means.
    Nailed it. The fact that black kids run the gang activity at Spring Ridge is exactly why the sissies that run the county school system will not do anything. It's not rocket science.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I think another issue is the fact that parents run the word "Bullying" to the administration without even taking into consideration that it is THEIR child that is the bully.
    The kids have figured this out as well.
    If Bully Boy tells Mommy that Johnny hates me and picks on me BEFORE Johnny can tell his mother what Bully Boy is doing, then the Bully's mom gets to the administrator first, the table is set for the victim to have to prove who is picking on whom.

Sometimes is a matter of which side gets heard first. I like to think the administrators know what is really happening, but that may be hard to prove. (Especially if Johnny begs his mom NOT to go to the school).

Members who have read this thread: 168