Greetings from Panama City Beach!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh my gosh, I love it here so very very much!! :yahoo: :bann: :cartwheel

First of all, our campground is super cool! Emerald Coast RV Resort, about a mile from the beach, far enough away to be quiet but a hopskipjump to the action on the strip. We have the most beautiful site, right across the street from the pool, showers, laundry, and fitness room AND it was affordable for high season (during spring break, no less) - $1500 for a month, full hookup, cement pad.

We got in, got set up, took a bike ride to find everything, then went to Harpoon Harry's for dinner. The view from our table:

harpoonharrys.jpg

It's like Myrtle Beach's classier older sister here. Tomorrow we'll get out and about early before the kids have worked through their hangovers.

Seriously, if you've never been to the Redneck Riviera, put it on your list. LOVE!!!

Love that town. I was one of those Spring Breakers in the 80s. Havent been back since the 90s- need to plan a trip to the panhandle. Enjoy the beach and Miracle Strip. Florida is just beautiful.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Yesterday morning I went out back to the ponds to fish. I had caught 5 fish the previous day. I was hoping to have similar luck. I managed to catch a few more. It was full sun and the 5 fish day it was severe overcast. It seems I do better on cloudy days.
DSCF9060.jpg

DSCF9067.jpg

DSCF9063.jpg

I finished the day with a soak in the hot tub and a few laps in the swimming pool. It's unseasonable chilly right now but by the weekend we will be back in the 70s.

Attachments

• DSCF9065.jpg
    DSCF9065.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 502

Monello

PREMO Member
Got 2 more yesterday. Fixing to head back out shortly

DSCF9070.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF9063.jpg
    DSCF9063.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 387

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our camp ground is right next door to the zoo, in fact shares a fence with it. So you can sit outside your campsite and giraffes will come and look to see what you're doing.

giraffes.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Good thing the camp layout didn't put you next to the Bears den.

Monello

PREMO Member
I once camped at this place. You could hear the lions roar at night.

[FONT=&quot]The Travel Channel named this campground "One of the World's Top Ten Richest RV Parks" for the experience of sleeping just yards from wild animals at Lion Country Safari's drive-through safari and amusement park. Campers can hear lions roar and siamangs hoot throughout the day! When you camp here, you'll feel like you're on an adventure in the African bush. [/FONT]

http://koa.com/campgrounds/west-palm-beach/

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
[video=youtube_share;5V9v94cPXak]https://youtu.be/5V9v94cPXak[/video]

littlelady

God bless the USA
Our camp ground is right next door to the zoo, in fact shares a fence with it. So you can sit outside your campsite and giraffes will come and look to see what you're doing.

View attachment 117731

Adorable! Love that. Good for y'all to be traveling, and experiencing all the priceless moments. We are experiencing priceless moments with granddot, but confined to Olney MD. :lol:

I saw you mention in another thread that you weren't sure what people are interested in on this forum; e.g. your trip. I am interested. I follow y'all, and love to read about y'all's adventure. Is that like a twitter thing? This is the only social media I participate in. :lol:

One more thing. It is like Africa came to you. How fun. I will live vicariously through y'all for now. :smile:

Last edited:

Monello

PREMO Member
I sooo much want to do what you two are doing.
How does one go about renting a RV to see if they can live the life?
Need to talk the wife into it.

I started out with a rental RV back in 2005. I flew to Alaska and rented a class C rig and spent 2 weeks on the Kenai Peninsula. Had so much fun I went back a year later and did the same thing. In order to drive off the lot there is a mandatory video you watch on how to drive and do some of the routine things like fill and dump tanks. Now on the road it isn't uncommon to see rental RVs. Cruise America seems to be the most popular.

Pre Vrai days I camped mostly in state parks. Nothing wrong with them but they usually provide minimum amenities. I've gotten spoiled now that she books us into great rv parks with things like heated pools, club houses, restaurants, tiki bars, golf courses, driving ranges, hiking trails, ponds, tennis courts, luxury bath houses. Perhaps this is the route you need to pursue to get the misses on board.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I started out with a rental RV back in 2005. I flew to Alaska and rented a class C rig and spent 2 weeks on the Kenai Peninsula. Had so much fun I went back a year later and did the same thing. In order to drive off the lot there is a mandatory video you watch on how to drive and do some of the routine things like fill and dump tanks. Now on the road it isn't uncommon to see rental RVs. Cruise America seems to be the most popular.

Pre Vrai days I camped mostly in state parks. Nothing wrong with them but they usually provide minimum amenities. I've gotten spoiled now that she books us into great rv parks with things like heated pools, club houses, restaurants, tiki bars, golf courses, driving ranges, hiking trails, ponds, tennis courts, luxury bath houses. Perhaps this is the route you need to pursue to get the misses on board.
Thanks for the info.
Curious about the cost of a rental?
Is it all about mileage?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thanks for the info.
Curious about the cost of a rental?
Is it all about mileage?

I think it is all about gas; RV's are guzzlers. My hub wants us to travel/retire on a boat, but it still has to be considered what it would cost to tour the mainland. I want to know what bank vrai and Monello robbed to be able to take their great adventure. :lol: I want to be a free spirit, too. :smile:

Last edited: